cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Unsure if i should stick with current boyfriend - advice?

I'm so happy to hear you've had some good days with your boyfriend @comerfordius Heart It's also great that your parents are helping you through the situation! I hope the progress continues Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hello all,

I wouldn’t have made another post In a while as things have been going well with my boyfriend, however I had an incident just a few minutes ago that has shaken me up a little bit. My bf and I were playing around, when I playfully teased I was going to put the dirty slippers on his bed. He laughingly took them off, however then proceeded to hit my knee with the slipper (hard) about 5 times before he realised I was yelling at him. I know he means it as a joke and he is still growing into maturity, but this crossed the line and I felt scared. I told him that he doesn’t get to do that and how it is absolutely not ok, he has apologised and I know he would never hit me in anger or wayward emotion,  but I am still shaken up. I was just wondering what others would do in this situation? I’m not sure whether to bring it up again with him or if that would exacerbate the issue. 

Apologies, I feel so reliant on this chat.

many thanks, Comerfordius 

Highlighted

Hey @comerfordius, thanks for sharing that with us. It sounds like it was quite a frightening and distressing thing for you to experience. It is okay to trust how this has made you feel and to stay firm on that. It was great that you were able to communicate this to your partner. It seemed like he was understanding and apologetic about his actions, is that right? It is hard to comment on whether you should raise the issue again - what is motivating you to consider this? Have you been able to chat to any family or friends about what they would do in your situation? Heart
Highlighted

Hello,

I think it is all good now Smiley Happy i was pretty down about it for an hour or 2 and he has apologized a few times, which is good. Thank you for the reply i really appreciate it Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @comerfordius , it sounds like you did a really good job at setting firm boundaries around what you feel comfortable with and communicating that with your partner, which can be really hard to do - great job there Smiley Happy Good to hear he apologised too, I hope you're feeling ok about it all today Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

Hello,

i am definitely feeling better about it todaySmiley Happy for some reason i feel a bit guilty even though i did nothing wrong. Perhaps its because i stopped him from doing something that he thought was ok and funny. But otherwise i am much better today Smiley Happy

Thank you for asking!