cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WW Activity: Advice to yourself!

What advice would current you give to the you of 3 years ago?
I would tell me 20 year old self to try and not put so much pressure on myself to be perfect at EVERYTHING. That my health and mental health comes first and taking time to engage in self care is vital!

How can you use this advice right now?
My anxiety is very prominent right now, so I would like to take my own advice of self-care and make sure i'm implementing it in my daily routine. Yoga is my main self-care, even if its 5 minutes in the morning.

What advice would you give to your future self 3 years from now?
Dear future self, feeling your emotions is vital in your recovery. Drawing, yoga, being outside in nature will help you process all of these difficult emotions. YOU WILL BE OK , YOU ARE LOVED

You're welcome @statuscaring!
It's something I have to give everyday.

I am loving reading this thread!

Have been meaning to jump in with this activity- here we go! Smiley Happy

What advice would current you give to the you of 3 years ago?

It is okay to not have everything planned- sometimes the best things in life are the things you don't plan! I know it feels scary not to plan, but you are resilient and you can cope with anything that comes your way.

How can you use this advice right now?

I am trying to be more spontaneous- plan less and live more Smiley Happy The more I give myself space to not plan, even though it can feel overwhelming, the more I learn about myself. I think I need to give myself time to sit and just "be". 

What advice would you give to your future self 3 years from now?

Timelines in life are never fixed nor do they need to be reached by a certain age- I hope that you are living a meaningful life and enjoying each day as it comes, regardless of what your life looks like then Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

I really need to listen to my special advice for myself...
I'm not exactly sure how though...

I will try again.

I still love your advice about "it's ok not to be ok".
Do you think you are able to even say this to yourself tonight? Be gentle with yourself, you deserve it.
Try again and again, that's the only way to get great at something Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you @statuscaring. I'll try that. Even if it means drawing it on myself to remind me... Smiley Happy

That's a brilliant idea, writing yourself little notes on your hands is so handy!

I guess... It really depends on what you write...
What I've been writing hasn't been very good lately...

Writing can be a very therapeutic tool, what makes you say that your writing hasn't been very good?