cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: WW Activity: Good news stories!

I just had to share this one here -if you have a spare 3-4 minutes and some headphones, I highly recommend watching this video!!

Pub Choir is a community organisation based in Brisbane, and they usually do live singing events at pubs (there's similar groups in Sydney too). They weren't about to let such a beautiful shared experience be ruined by a pandemic, so they decided to do a virtual sing-along. People were able to learn the harmonies, then recorded themselves singing, and suddenly, 2 days later, they had created this masterpiece . 1000 people, from all over Australia and other place in the world, singing close to you. 

Here's the video

And here is the story link if you want to read more about this fabulous project - I am hoping to be involved in the next one! 

I also love seeing how this is spreading all over social media, and raising so many people's spirits. So good. 

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

Re: WW Activity: Good news stories!

Hey guys - you may already have seen this, as it went viral over the last few days, but I had to share it here for anyone who may have missed it! 

Melbourne Zoo have been running several live streams on their website so people can enjoy seeing the cute animals while they're in isolation - this legend of a zookeeper decided to give everyone a bit of a treat Heart Heart 

I love how it's now spread across the globe - this is a BBC story about it. Pretty good for a guy who had good moves, a rainbow fan, and decided to have some fun and spread some joy at work Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Good news stories

Hey guys! I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this, but feel free Mods to move it under an existing thread. I just wanted to start something where people could spread positive news from around the world at a time when it's often hard to distract yourself from the constant bombarding of news about the virus. 

Here's a link to some good news I've found! Heart Share the love and support and positive vibes only https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/03/music-and-encouragement-from-balconies-around-world/608668... 

happy.gif

Highlighted

Re: Good news stories

Hi @ayrc_1904

Loving the good news stories at the moment! I am just going to move your post across to good news stories so you can continue to add to the thread when you find more good news Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted
Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Hey guys,

Check out this group workout that the Danish people are doing outside their apartments in Copenhagen.  Good vibes Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hi @ayrc_1904 , 

Thanks so much for sharing that beautiful collection of stories! I have also been finding a lot of comfort in seeing the beautiful side of humanity shine through in such frankly shitty times. The power of music to unite and inspire people always amazes me. 

I thought you may like this one - a friend shared it with me over the weekend. They are two Australian opera singers who will now be doing a weekly 'concert' from the balcony of their apartment block, complete with lights and sound. This one made me tear up a little if I'm honest! "I Still Call Australia Home" - filmed live, from an apartment block in waterloo. 

Highlighted

Haha @Ronan-RO  that is awesome! 

Highlighted

The Diamond Princess is now out of quarantine (feels like it's taken forever) and they have shared a special message:

slide_sp

Highlighted

Aww @WheresMySquishy  that is so lovely! Thanks for sharing. 

Highlighted
Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

A few more good news stories for the week that I wanted to share here- 

This one probably could also go in the thread about activities to do from home actually, but I also think it's a good news piece purely because it made me smile so much, I love seeing how ridiculously creative people can be. The Getty Museum challenged people stuck at home to re-create artistic masterpieces using random items from their homes, and the results are absolutely amazing, ridiculous, and hilarious. 

Art Lovers Recreate Masterpieces in COVID quarantine

A full list is in the link above, here's a few of my favourites

View image on Twitter