cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: WW: Switching off

I agree, cooking is a great way to get off the screen, I’ve been trying to perfect brisket lately and my partner has been trying to make halloumi but we won’t be eating those both together because that is a salt fest
Highlighted

Sounds great @Saltwaterdreamtime , my partner is American and makes a killer brisket! Do you mean making haloumi from scratch? That sounds like an awesome skill to have! I love haloumi - but yes, it is super salty.

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO yeah, we go to this American BBQ place about 15 minutes away for takeaway occasionally and I’ve been trying to copy it. It’s actually the best place, and mates who have spent time in America have said that it’s top notch and spot on. So I’ve been trying to copy it, it’s a weekend long process though.
The halloumi is pretty good and it’s not too hard to make, just look it up online.
We’ve had a few trial and error with both but we’ve pretty much mastered the halloumi, the brisket needs a bit more work to be up to my high standards but it’s not bad.
Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime and @Janine-RO those sound so yummy! Halloumi is the best cheese Smiley Very Happy I'm so impressed you cooked the pork for 15 hours! So much patience Smiley LOL

@ayrc_1904 definitely agree! sometimes a walk around the block is so restorative for your mind and body Smiley Very Happy It's my saving grace for a bad mood as well tbh haha

@MB95 love love that pic! thank you for sharing! Heart What have you been reading lately? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Thanks @ecla34, I'm glad you liked it! I thought it was appropriate for the thread 😊

So I've just finished reading two self-help kinda books I guess you could call them? Idk. One was called 'Reasons to stay alive' and the other was called 'Unfuck yourself' lol I guess the titles kinda say it all 😂 But just been struggling and thought maybe reading some books might help. They were great - but I did find I had to be in a more positive mind set to read them and make any use of them. Unfuck yourself did kinda motivate me to take action so to speak. It kinda spoke to me one day and motivated me to go for a walk/run and conquer a fear of mine. Was a great feeling! Can't say it worked wonders cause I haven't done it since but it was a good book to try and get me to see my thoughts as just being thoughts..