cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW: What is your spirit animal?

Wellbeing Wednesday 22nd May 2019

What is your spirit animal?

Humans have a unique connection with animals- whether it's pets or animals in the wild, connection to life and nature is an important aspect of wellbeing. Animals have traits we can relate to- we can learn a lot from them!

dog hug GIF

We have seen from recent threads about our dogs and cats, that animals are important to our community. 

Today's activity:

1. What animal do you feel best represents who you are? (You can also include a picture of your animal)

2. What qualities of that animal do you identify with?

3. Are there any lessons we can learn from the animal you have chosen?

I'll go first:

I think my spirit animal would be a dolphin.

Related image

I like that they travel together, and I feel most calm and connected to land when I am in the water. Dolphins are really intelligent and social creatures, I think we could learn about looking after each other and finding the calm in our lives from dolphins.

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Re: WW: What is your spirit animal?

Tagging a few members who may like this activity @Bananatime04 @lokifish @N1ghtW1ng @Esperanza67 @I_am_not_Groot @WheresMySquishy @scared01 @DIVYA @dncinginthedirt 

interesting @Jess1-RO i cant see my qualities atm or can think of many animals but ill have a think
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Have a think @scared01 Heart

I'll have to have a think about this too and post later! Smiley Happy

I'm currently resisting the temptation to just spam the thread with my favorite animal pictures Smiley Tongue

I'll need to think about this one.. too many potential animals..

You can pick a few if you have some in mind Smiley Happy @Tiny_leaf

Great activity! I have always felt that my spirit animal is the pig!

In one version of the Chinese zodiac story I've heard, the pig came last in the race to determine the order of the cycle of animals because he had fallen asleep after stopping for a meal. This is something that I do a lot in real life! I used to always come last in races too. I've also heard that pigs are thought of as being honest, which I think fits me because I find it hard to lie to people. I can also be a bit of a ham around people I know well. Smiley LOL I think a lot of us can learn from the pig because it's easy to stereotype entire groups of people (or species) as being lazy or dirty and dismiss their many positive qualities. For example, pigs are apparently one of the most intelligent species of animal and are very empathetic towards other pigs. Apparently, they also use mud as a sunscreen for their sensitive skin. If only more people would be willing to slip, slop slap!

hi @Jess1-RO  i still couldnt think of any but i dont some research on spirit animals and found that the raven is my 'spirit guide' according to my birth date. 

seems to be pretty fitting....

c6019e84128b97b69458a9255f84c7d0.jpgdad64197c7d7980836e96dc838945f81.jpg

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 I'd just narrowed mine down to two animals and now there's a third possibility... I'd forgotten about ravens..!

I have done a couple of those quizzes, according to one I'm apparently a cold, unfeeling and manipulative snake..?

It was a very judgmental quiz. And I have no idea what this person has against snakes...

I mean, look at this guy:

Look at that smile.

Related image

Is he not the cutest? I think he's the cutest. Also his name is Bill now. 

Ravens are very cool though. They're said to represent the creation that comes after destruction, and they're ridiculously smart.