cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week starting Feb 11th

There are a few thing I really like to get into the habit of doing every Sunday before the start of a new week, like tidying up, food prep. 

Here is a few questions to answer here or think about before we start the week: 

- What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

- What is something thing that will challenge you this week? How will you overcome this? 

- Looking back on the previous week is there something you might do different this week? Why? 

Re: Week starting Feb 11th

- What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?
Mid week I’ve got conference related to my work industry, i’m looking forward to meeting more industry mentors, and being fully qualified now I can share a bit of knowledge with others and promote my own work.

- What is something thing that will challenge you this week? How will you overcome this?
Feeling nervous about above work event and already dealing with personally difficult few weeks.

- Looking back on the previous week is there something you might do different this week? Why?
Try to focus more and put my phone down and pay attention to the more important things in my life because I can go on my phone any time but some moments don’t happen very often so don’t miss them by looking down at a screen.

Those sound like great ways to spend your Sunday @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Happy It's always a good idea to reflect back on our week and reflect on how the next week will go, thanks for creating this thread! Smiley Happy

(now let's see if the questions are still copied or if I copied something else...)

- What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

Hrm... The meeting with the careers person at uni. I'm ready for some clarity over my future. 

Heh, the uni meeting Smiley Tongue I also need to contact another parent to confirm tutoring and do all the tutoring which just makes me want to give up and sleep so that'll be fun. The overcoming part will just be doing it, powering through. 

Oh this week was a nightmare. There are definitely several things I wish I'd done better this week, because it was an utter nightmare failing to organise a university unit, a big heaping pile of self doubt and plenty of bad eatings. None of which I enjoyed or want to do again. Thankfully though, it's all behind me (well, most of it but eh) so here's hoping to a better week! 

(yay the questions copied!)

@Saltwaterdreamtime (tag probably won't work because of quick reply, but oh well! Smiley Tongue) YES to promoting your own work! I'm sure it'll be amazing Smiley Very Happy You will do amazing, I hope it goes well!
I find that I can completely zone out from the world when I'm on my phone, so taking some extra care to look up from it is something I bet a lot of people can relate to Smiley Happy

Yeah tagging me does work sometimes @N1ghtW1ng, weird.
Thank you, it’s a chance to network and meet others which is really important, in my industry people know each other, well they all know names anyway, so if you can’t do a job or something you refer them to someone else who can, so getting your name out is pretty important, also not just my specific trade of course, people need all sorts of trades, so good to make myself known to people so they can go (not literally) “hey that’s cool that we’re building your house but we’re not qualified to create your backyard, but we know this guy”.
Yep, especially when I see my little nephew, I always put my phone away, he’s only this little for a short time.

Networking is so great to have, especially in trading industry! I bet your nephew is the cutest, hopefully he won't grow up too fast Smiley Tongue

He already is 😰 @N1ghtW1ng getting so big!!
My siblings are the ones who grew up too fast though they aren’t little kids anymore 🙀
Highlighted

Great idea @Saltwaterdreamtime! A good way to keep track of the week.

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

Swimming! I just started swimming again and I'm really enjoying the challenge, the coolness of the pool from the heat and just having some dedicated 'me' time. 

Job applications! I feel like I'm being rejected left and right, so it's difficult to keep motivating myself to apply, but I know it's just something i have to keep at.  

I think I will definitely try to be more productive and just like you, put my phone down and just focus on my goals. I have a lot of things planned this year and when there isn't a definite deadline sometimes it's difficult to follow through and finish them.

Awesome idea @Saltwaterdreamtime! A great way to keep motivated. Also congratulations getting fully qualified!!!Smiley Very Happy 

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

I'm looking forward to catching up with my friends! They just got back from overseas so I can't wait to hear all their travel stories despite being jealous I didn't go myself hahah Smiley Tongue

What is something thing that will challenge you this week? How will you overcome this? 

I think working longer hours than usual will challenge me, a few cups of coffee will keep me going Smiley Tongue. But besides the short-term coffee remedy...having a good nights sleep and eating healthily could help me overcome being tired this week!

Looking back on the previous week is there something you might do different this week? Why? 

Definitely going to sleep earlier!! Last week I went to bed quite late a few nights and it somehow made me feel more sluggish during the day because I would sleep in more, and I wasnt able to get much done during the morning/early afternoon. This week I want to try to get to sleep earlier so that I can be more productive during the day.