cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Weekly Wellbeing: Explore somewhere new!

Weekly Wellbeing: Explore somewhere new!

It can be really easy to fall into patterns and go to the same places at the same times everyday. One example is travelling to and from work, school, university or tafe! Do you find yourself taking the same route at the same time everyday, going to the same coffee or lunch place, or walking the same road? I know I do!

We are creatures of habit, and this week is all about challenging yourself to think consciously about exploring new places! It may be taking a new route of travel, exploring a new space, or going somewhere you have never been!

Image result for oh the places you'll go

Let's change it up this week and see the places we can go!

Activity:

What new place did you explore this week?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Explore somewhere new!

This week I had my first poke bowl because I walked a different route for lunch and found a bunch of new places! 

I'm going to tag some of our newest builders here who might be interested in joining this activity Smiley Happy @ovvvvv @TidalDecade @rosiiboo96 @noms 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

What new place did you explore this week?
Yesterday, I had an interview for a course at a university in a part of the city that I'd never been to before. It was a really long way from my home. It seemed like a pretty old area compared to where I live. It was like a totally different world.
I got to explore some nice cafes and a park. I wish I could have seen more of the nature in that suburb because there are some beautiful pictures online.

I had my first day at a new job! I was so nervous, but it turned out to be a fantastic day Smiley Happy (Also found a cute cafe around the corner - good food is always a bonus)

interesting topic! @Jess1-RO I am a creature of habit but do often like to explore different areas too. I didn't see this thread until now but I did go somewhere new yesterday. my friend brought a new place so we went there and also explored the adjoining property.

@WheresMySquishy the different towns can be interesting hey, even though often they seem old or not much to see often there is something to explore or to look at.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @Jess1-RO 

Fantastic topic - I love it! 

I set a goal a couple of weeks ago to explore all the walking paths near me. I did a google search and it came up with a huge list. I printed it and am going to work through it sequentially. Exploring new areas, whether it be a walking path, cafe, market, library etc. is so good because it makes us appreciate our home city or state so much more. There is so much around us to see... but we are often too stuck in autopilot to care to notice.

So, back to where I explored this week. I've actually been there before, but not in like 10+ years. I actually completely forgot it existed until the google search reminded me. It's a walking path in a neighbouring suburb. It brings back many memories because I used to play there with my grandma and cousins when I was young. Anyway... when walking along the path... I discovered an AWESOME dinosaur park. And the reason why I'm so excited by the dinosaur park in my mid 20s is because my 2.5 year old nephew is currently obsessed with T-Rex & other dinosaurs. So I can't wait to take him!