cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Wellbeing: Food!

Food is super important - it provides nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. I also happen to be quite hungry right now, so why not make this week's Weekly Wellbeing all about food? Smiley Tongue

Here are a few questions to reflect on:

• What are some foods which help boost your mood?
  • Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low?
  • Are there any new foods you'd like to try? Why not pick up something different next time you're at the supermarket!

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Food!

What are some foods which help boost your mood?
Anything sweet when craving snacks or when I'm hungry something nutritious and filling!

Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low?
Baked oats
Protein smoothie
Fruit salad
Eggs on toast

Are there any new foods you'd like to try? Why not pick up something different next time you're at the supermarket!
hmmm... not too sure of new foods I'd like to try but I will pick up a different ice cream flavour next time I go to the shops haha Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Chocolate and lasagna

Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low?

Canned tuna/salmon/chicken breast with canned tomatoes and some nuts

Are there any new foods you'd like to try? 

Sauerkraut, maybe?

Highlighted

What are some foods which help boost your mood?- Fruit always boosts my mood!

Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low?- I have one that i made up one time when i was home alone.  It is really basic; chicken, capsicum, spinach, carrot, garlic, any seasoning you like. Make sure it is all cooked and mix it together, yummy yum!

Are there any new foods you'd like to try? Why not pick up something different next time you're at the supermarket!

- I don't have anything specific in mind but im open for anything!

Highlighted

@lokifish  thanks for kicking this one off!

Fresh fruit, coconut water, and frozen fruit
  • Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low?
    Maybe pasta and ramen? Or just a coffee!
  • Are there any new foods you'd like to try? Why not pick up something different next time you're at the supermarket!
    Really wanna buy some miso paste and experiment with that!

Highlighted

Okay this is hands down my all time favourite topic to think about! 

• What are some foods which help boost your mood? It depends on how I'm feeling but iced coffee, chocolate and soup are my favs

• Do you have any simple recipes which are great for when time/motivation are running low? Apart from my trusty cereal, one pot noodle is super easy and comforting. Add noodles, veg and protein into boiling water, add a stock cube. Done! Eat it straight from the pot if that helps Smiley Tongue

• Are there any new foods you'd like to try? Why not pick up something different next time you're at the supermarket! I can't think of anything right now but I got vegan prawns last time and it was superb Smiley LOL
Highlighted

I love fruit! It's so delicious, provides great energy and is easy to digest! Chocolate is also an excellent mood lifter. Chocolate covered strawberries seems like the perfect answer Smiley Happy

I love caprese salad. In mine I put chopped tomato, bocconcini, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and spinach! Its so fresh and perfect for summer.

I've always wanted to try pumpkin pie, but never tried making it or seen it sold anywhere. 

Highlighted

BIG YUMS ON THIS THREAD

I think for me in terms of mood boosting, I like foods that feel fresh and healthy like sushi or rice paper rolls. 

I will not lie, I often order food when I am time and motivation poor! But I also love a simple pasta or a V comforting and simple packet ramen.

I'm pretty keen to try some vegan prawns @November13 ! And I love Miso paste so much @Tay100 ! I recently started experimenting with polenta which has been fun, and I've been making pies too, keen to try some different pastries for pies or making my own pastry.

Highlighted

Chocolate anything. 

I have recently discovered packaged noodles that you can literally just throw in a wok or similar with some vegetables and soy sauce. They are so good.

I've heard so much about buffalo cauliflower wings. I want to try making some at some point when I can.

Also I'd like to make some proper lasagne at some point.

Highlighted

@lokifish wrote:

Food is super important - it provides nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. I also happen to be quite hungry right now, so why not make this week's Weekly Wellbeing all about food? Smiley Tongue

Here are a few questions to reflect on:

frozen yogurt for sure! and loaded with all types of toppings 

chocolate covered pretzels

ferrero rochers because i LOVE nuts

hot jam donuts definitely especially when it’s cold

hot muffins 

noodles

i love every food really

microwave pasta with butter and cheese lmaooo definitely a comfort food for me

and a pb&j sandwich or on rice cakes, so good

microwave choc chip cookies

yes i’d love to try dipping oreos in peanut butter like they do in parent trap