cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Mental boundaries

Reading that makes me so happy!! @Hannah-RO I would love to but unfortunately, I don't have the space to foster but I do love hearing foster success stories Cat Embarassed Smiley Embarassed How many kittens do you usually foster at a time? It must feel super rewarding after all the kittens get adopted and go to their forever homes! I sometimes pet-set for my relatives and it's the best thing ever Smiley LOL

Highlighted

Ah yeah I understand, it can be hard getting everything into place to be able to do it, but maybe in future it could be something to look into Cat Surprised I have only ever had either 2 or 3 at a time, I think they are pretty perfect numbers for me - any more would probably be too much of a handful! But having more than one means they look after each other, keep each other warm and learn how to be cats together - it's less exhausting for me as I don't have to entertain them as much cause their fav toys are each other!

You're right that it is super rewarding, there is a cute phrase in cat-foster world that is "goodbye is the goal" which I think is really sweet. And pet sitting is so good!!! You're relatives (both human and animal) are very lucky to have you doing that for them and it sounds like its fun for you too Heart

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO @Sunnybear  ooft... guys, hate to break it to you but I'm a dog person. I have two dogs that I absolutely adore!!! Would love to foster some one day!

Highlighted

@Sunnybear I have heard that it can become very addicting, hence I'm scared to try it Smiley LOL does the name accurately reflect the purpose of the game - i.e. to help animals cross the road?! Haha!

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO I love that phrase! Maybe one day you can post some pictures of the kittens! 

@h0peful ooooftttt... Can't say I'm the same.. only joking! I love dogs too but cats just have a special place in my heart Smiley Tongue I've never given the name 'animal crossing' much thought but nope we don't help animals cross the road Smiley LOL 

Highlighted

Dogs are pretty awesome too @h0peful ! Lovely that you've got two pups that bring you joy Heart

Would love to post some pics @Sunnybear but all the photos I take of them are really bad hahahha I think my brother took some cute ones though, will see what I can dig up!

(I have also always wondered why it was called animal crossing and thought it was about crossing the road Cat LOL

Highlighted

I definitely agree with what many posts have said. Lockdown has made the study and downtime a bit blurred for me as well. I feel like going for a walk at the end of the day helps me to clear my mind and take a break from study. 

Highlighted

@mol1912 - I have also started going on walks as well! It's another good way to create those boundaries between studying and downtime since you have to leave the place you're studying at.