Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Pets!

@Tay100 aw what sort of breed Poppy is a schnauzer
Highlighted

My family got a gorgeous Labrador X border collie puppy when I was 5, and he died when I was 20. He had a lot of energy (until his last couple of years), and always so much love. Sometimes he'd be really calm. His favourite game was a variation of fetch: try and catch me (he was really fast), tug of war (you'd only win if he got really tired/distracted for a second or coughed or something), throw it for me!, he'd retrieve it, repeat all steps again. He loved to swim. He wasn't very obedient, but was still so good. He had a stretching routine he followed whenever he woke up. He loved to cuddle. He was a good listener. I would sit down leaning against a tree, he would sit down next to me, and when I put my legs out straight in front of me he would flop down lying with his torso on my legs. When he rolled onto his back I would playfully tap the ground either side of his head and say 'raaa' and he would get so excited and wiggle his whole body back and forth wagging his tail then jump up ready to play. I once automatically did that with a friend's dog and it just looked at me like I was an idiot πŸ˜‚ he would jump onto the trampoline with me to cuddle, but he hated being on it if I was jumping, so if I wanted to start jumping I would pretend to be getting off so he would too then start jumping before he got back on. He used to climb onto the roof of an old 4WD in our backyard with me (jump onto the hood then the roof to follow me up). He understood how taps worked- I once found him trying to turn one on when someone had forgotten to fill his water up. He was scared of thunderstorms and fireworks and would curl up under a bed or in the shower. He didn't like car trips either. Or baths. He was always happy to see me and made a huge positive impact on my life, I'm so glad I had him 😊

Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  Omg I was way off with beagle then lol! Well, she's beautiful!

Highlighted

Hi @hellofriend 
I swear dogs make the best listeners, and my dog knows how taps work too hahaa

Nice to hear about and remember past pets too Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO  I love this idea so much!! 

We have two cats, who were originally rescue kittens. They are now indoor only, ridiculously pampered, and if I’m honest one probably needs to go on a diet πŸ˜‚ they had a hard start to life but are living the dream now!

Meet Sadie (also known as Sad Face, because her face really does look like she’s sad!) and Snowy

D47DDEF2-E1EC-42F7-9529-3FB7EBEC9200.jpeg

8973D355-8C64-4C51-A3A9-1B13C261B97E.jpeg

F0F1CB4F-4B8C-472E-A0B3-F40A89D99A79.jpeg

BDDAB336-4C49-47CD-853E-15783F0C826C.jpeg

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

Also just had to share this here too!! Pet owner GOALS πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

C90DA297-485C-41F1-869E-A9C8FA69B5A7.jpeg

Highlighted

@Bananatime04  I am literally squeeing out loud over Eddie, his little face is so gorgeous! It sounds like the two of you have such a beautiful relationship, there's something so pure and special about the love a dog has for its owner. 

@Ronan-RO  your rescue doggos are adorable! Looks like they are living their best life now! Rescue dogs are so special. 

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  I LOVE Nala!! Such wonderful timing for you and your family to get such a beautiful new member. I don't know about you but I am finding so much comfort in our cats at the moment - they are also highly entertaining right now because they are totally weirded out by having all of us at home so often when they used to have the run of the house at least 3 days a week before! 

@Tiny_leaf  I can't wait to see photos! 

These GIFs sum up the two aspects of our cats - on one hand, they like to think they are people and rule our home. On the other hand, they are ridiculous creatures sometimes especially when they get the zoomies/ have play fights! 

Cats Boss GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Cats are crazy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Highlighted

@Janine-RO Lol! Your fur children are so cute and adorable!
Love the gifs too!

I’m definitely enjoying having a fur child around. She was surrendered for whatever reason, but she’s really good! She was also an indoor dog, but we adopted her for being an outside dog.
Highlighted

I'm a bit late to this party, but I'm here now Smiley Tongue

1. Do you have a pet? If so, share a photo here! (remember to make sure the photo still maintains your anonymity and the anonymity of others Smiley Happy )

Socks asleep on my bed - Lucky girl!Socks asleep on my bed - Lucky girl!Tip in his scratching bowl - such a nice place to snooze!Tip in his scratching bowl - such a nice place to snooze!

3. Find a gif that represents your relationship with your pet!

Socks: If she's not playing with a toy she is either sleeping next to or on it. Although her toys don't move or include big lizards like this gif

and this is the perfect meme for Tip! Smiley LOL if it's not what he wants then that's is it's not happening.

meme-2.jpg

4. Tell us why your pet is important to you!

I would find it incredibly hard to not have these two in my life. They provide me with love, entertainment and affection in their own special ways. They help me remember that the world is bigger than myself; they remind me that simple things can be fulfilling, like a walk outside and a cuddle. And playing with them provides some hilarious entertainment too! Smiley Tongue

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee this is why we need anonymity.. because otherwise I'd totally steal them..  Smiley Tongue

Are they siblings? I love them.