cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Weekly Wellbeing: Small Changes

1. What's something that doesn't take a lot of time, but that makes you feel better? 

I'm lucky to have a window right by my bed so as soon as I wake up, the first thing I do is open the blinds without even having to get up - this makes me feel better because it gives my brain a chance to properly wake up and process thoughts. Showering in the morning also helps.

@Tay100 I do the same thing! I watch YT but instead of tea, I drink coffee Heart

2. Is there a small change you can make this week (or even right now!), feel free to share any ideas in this thread! 

@ecla34 thanks for starting this thread. It's motivated me to put my clothes away!!! I've been avoiding this for days Smiley Indifferent

Another small change I will make this week is to go outside! I tend to spend a lot of time studying indoors. I will feel better if I just move my laptop and books into the sunshine Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Loved reading through everyones ideas! I definitely agree sometimes we need to acknowledge the little wins. It's the small things that add up to make big changes in your life Heart

What's something that doesn't take a lot of time, but that makes you feel better? 

Having a technology-free breakfast - instead of scrolling on my phone I use my brekky time to write a couple of sentences in my journal about what I'm grateful for and any specific goals for the day. 

2. Is there a small change you can make this week (or even right now!)

@h0peful eep that's a good idea, I think it's time to do my washing and put it away as well haha! 

Highlighted

Living for this thread right now!! 

I just made a quick word cloud to pull out some key things we can all do to make small changes Smiley Happy 

WordItOut-word-cloud-4359122.png

Highlighted

1. What's something that doesn't take a lot of time, but that makes you feel better? 

Something that I like to do is to watch a fun youtube video while having a cup of tea or coffee — I think a lot of people mentioned this!

2. Is there a small change you can make this week (or even right now!), feel free to share any ideas in this thread! 

One thing I'm going to try to do is also to open the curtains as soon as I wake up in the morning to try and enjoy that morning sunlight (my room is east-facing, fortunately!) 

Highlighted

Nice word cloud @Bre-ROHeart 

1. What's something that doesn't take a lot of time, but that makes you feel better? Smiley Happy
Similar to what a lot of people said..
-Opening my blinds in the morning
-Waking up earlier in general
-Being in the sun (when it's sunny out)
-Sipping water throughout the day
-Playing with/ hugging my cat
-Having a hot beverage, or a food I really like.

-Watching a funny video
-Listening to music
-Watch the sky
-Light a candle
-Doing some stretches
-Smiling (even at nothing -- it just helps!).

2. Is there a small change you can make this week (or even right now!), feel free to share any ideas in this thread! Heart
Hmmm... I should definitely try to drink more water throughout the day. I got a new water bottle recently, so maybe that will help! I've also been trying to take small steps every day to reset my sleep schedule (i.e. setting alarms and getting up earlier and earlier). It might take a while, but little steps are good! Smiley Very Happy
I also got a student planner and I've been trying to use that to better plan out my time.

Highlighted

Loooove your points there @Hozzles opening up the blinds is such a good one Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Also - love that one about looking at the sky. There's actually heaps of research on the benefits of looking up into the sky Smiley Happy 

Thought I'd link it as it's super interesting. 

Highlighted

1. What's something that doesn't take a lot of time, but that makes you feel better?Smiley Happy

Making myself a coffee or a chai latte! There's just something comforting about it Heart

I want to sit up a bit straighter, my 80 year old self may thank me for this!

Highlighted

Cardio
2. Is there a small change you can make this week (or even right now!)

Eating more so I can recover from my training and also because I like to eat, haha

Highlighted

so many good ideas guys! Heart I want to try all of them haha Smiley LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart