cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellbeing Wednesday 20th Feb- Try Something New!

Wellbeing Wednesday- Trying something new 

Trying new things is the spice of life!  There are so many different, interesting and fun things to try in this life, and sometimes we need a little reminder to try something new. Doing something new can help us to discover new interests, and remind us that variety is fun. 

Whether it's trying a new food, starting a new hobby, or saying yes to something you usually say no to - mix things up this week! 

giphy (3).gif

This week's activity: 

1. Think about something you've never tried before, or something you rarely do - and do it!

2. If you're stuck for ideas, post in this thread, and get some ideas from others!

3. Once you've done something report back

4. Suggest new things for others to try too!

Some ideas to get you going: 

- learn to play a new instrument 

- order a different cuisine next time you're getting take away 

- go rock climbing 

- watch a documentary on something you know nothing about

- go see a play 

- start knitting 

- take a dance class 

- choose a different route on your way home 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Re: Wellbeing Wednesday 20th Feb- Try Something New!

I LOVE this idea @Jess1-RO.

I haven't decided on my new activity yet, but I did try a dairy free Magnum this morning, which I hadn't tried before, so I think that can be a start. Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@Jess1-RO Love this idea! I definitely need to embrace trying new things as I so easily get stuck into routine... 

I took a different route home from the gym last night and didn't get completely lost haha... Its a start I guess. Im excited to see what else I can try this week Smiley Happy

@letitgo and @Maddyw So great to see you both getting in the spirit of trying something new!

Last night I tried a new dinner place with a friend and decided to order something I would never have thought to order before- fried zucchini and filo pastry! It was amazing Smiley Happy

I am going to tag a few other people here who might be interested in this week's wellbeing activity Smiley Happy

@lennycat2017 @Saltwaterdreamtime @BunnyWalks @Bananatime04 @MochaChino @Rose_Harley @scared01 @DruidChild 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Love this @Jess1-RO - I'll be keeping it in mind and will try out something new this week Smiley Happy

Thanks for the tag @Jess1-RO! I’ll keep thinking of things and when I can do something new I will.

this is a great idea @Jess1-RO
i havent done anything different as yet but i will have a think about it and try to do something by the end of the weekend for sure!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hey! Love this and it has come at a great time! 

Today I wore my hair out and curly for the first time in about 10 years - my hair has always been something that made me very self conscious because I don't have perfect healthy curls after years of damage and I've always though that my unruly hair made me less attractive Smiley Mad (plus anyone who has curly hair knows how quickly it can go from 0-100). 

It was a huge step for me and I was so worried about what everyone was going to think but I got a million compliments and I actually felt pretty good about it. 

I was definitely out of comfort zone and I will definitely do it again. 

1 small step away from being self-conscious and a huge leap towards self-love/appreciation! 

Heart

I’m so glad to hear that @lennycat2017 ❤️ Remember you are beautiful inside and out and beauty isn’t all about looks. It’s about who you are and it’s from the heart xx

Thanks @Bananatime04! I completely agree - we are so much more than how we look but it can be so hard to shift from the negative ideas we have about ourselves and this is one thing I'm really trying to work on this year, just for myself! Heart