cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What did you learn about yourself during COVID?

Not sure if I'm answering my question correctly, but COVID brought me more clarity in what I want to do, achieve and what I don't want in my life.

So, what did you guys learn during COVID?

Highlighted

Re: What did you learn about yourself during COVID?

Oh wow, I really love this question @hunginc !! I think a lot of us can relate to that - it's been such a deeply weird and challenging time, and it's definitely taught me a lot about myself, big and small!

One thing I have learned is that I really need to get out into the fresh air at least once every day, even if it's just for a quick walk. Being out in the world and especially getting into nature if I can makes me very happy. 

Do you think you'll make any changes in your life based on what you've learned about yourself this year? 

Really looking forward to seeing what people have to say on this thread, it's great question @hunginc ! 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO I will definitely use what I learned about myself this year to make changes in my life.

I hope to see what others have learned about themselves as well. 

Highlighted

COVID really showed me the importance of friends and family and how much i love the people around me! It also showed me the ability i have to do well in school work!

Highlighted

This is such a good question. I often see the negativity that's associated with covid-19 but I truly believe it brought a lot of reflection.

I learned the importance of putting the brakes on and assessing what I actually want/enjoy in life. I've learned that I don't have to constantly be productive and that it's okay to lounge around and chat or be alone.

Highlighted

@wanderingwaspI definitely agree with you on putting on the brakes. I fell into the trap of "COVID?! I must push myself as to not waste this year". Aim for less task saturation and more "social saturation", haha

Highlighted

@hunginc  I fell into the same trap of feeling like I need to push myself to be productive every day so I don't "waste" any more of the year. 

This year was quite weird... Yes, there were some negatives but I also feel like it gave me the opportunity to grow as a person.

I learned how to properly give myself time to reflect on how I'm feeling in the moment and how to say "no" to things when I'm not in the mindset to participate (and learning that it's not selfish to prioritise my own needs before others) 

Highlighted

@hunginc great question! I learned a lot of things about myself this year. One of the main things I learned was that I really want to go into psychology and become an adolescent psychologist! I've been doing law and psychology and always thought I needed to spend time pursuing the law side. I feel released now that I've decided to leave the law part aside, but now I'm also interested in doing a mediation course which would be a great mid point!

Highlighted

@StormySeas17 Glad to hear it. What makes you want to be an adolescent psychologist?

Highlighted

@hunginc I work as a high school English tutor and also as a debating coach at my old school and I think I've just figured out that working with teens feels really worthwhile! I think it's such an important time of life and apparently a lot of psychologists don't like dealing with teenagers because they're not as simple development-wise as children or adults. Also when I did my psych placement at a high school the lady said that the most important part of dealing with teens is that you like them so I think I can fulfil that criteria Smiley Very Happy My ideal would be working as a psychologist in a high school, I think I'd really enjoy working at my old school actually! What would you like to do?