cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What did you learn about yourself during COVID?

@StormySeas17 I want to be a mental health clinician for young people. 

Highlighted

This is such a great thread! Thanks for making it @hunginc. Smiley Happy

One thing I have learned about myself this year is that I can be flexible. When something doesn't go my way, I often have to adapt and find something else that I can do instead. This could be something like finding a fun activity to do indoors due to not being able to go outdoors, finding services that will come to me or finding new professionals and supports when we haven't been able to access others. Although one door may be closed, other avenues might open up or still be available.
I have also learned that people can be really altruistic and find a lot of ways to help out during a time of crisis. I love reading good news stories about people finding new ideas to stay positive and show others that they care. I also love seeing so many new builders stepping in to support others on the forums this year. You guys rock! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Great question!
I am taking online study mode this year, which means I save a lot of time because I don't need to speed an hour to go to the campus, so I am doing internship in a clinic this year and volunteering in the forum Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

@Macaria Sounds like you've had a productive year so far. What kind of internship are you doing?

Highlighted

@hunginc That's awesome! What's the difference between a psychologist and a mental health clinician? 

Highlighted

@StormySeas17 To be honest with you I don't even know, haha. I just use "mental health clinical" as a more broader term for a psychologist and/or a social worker (I've seen a few social workers who work in a mental health clinic), but also because I am also stuck as to which I would like to pursue, haha

Highlighted

@Macaria congrats on your internship and volunteer role! I'm sure that will really benefit your future career!

@hunginc me too! I want to be a counsellor/psych but I have no idea what area I want to be in yet. I'm sure one day we'll figure it out Smiley LOL

One thing I have learned during this pandemic is that I'm fortunate to have people around me and things that I enjoy from the comfort of my bedroom Heart And also that I want to be kinder to nature because we're so interconnected!

Highlighted

@November13 I too enjoy the the comfort of my room. What might you do to be kinder to nature?

Highlighted

@hunginc I'm trying to be more mindful about my purchases, I've been avoiding buying things I don't need but sometimes I get excited about something and buy it although I have the same thing at home Smiley Happy And I've been avoiding things that come in plastic packagings as much as possible and recycling the soft plastics I do have at supermarkets!

Highlighted

@hunginc Ahh fair enough, I mean I'm already questioning my decision to be a school psychologist since we spoke Smiley LOL I'm wondering now if I want to want to do something more public with mental health and advocacy. But I just feel like school psychologist is a safe option to go for, albeit needing a lot of qualifications. I looked up mental health clinician and they also mentioned case management and other things like that? That would be cool to be in someone's care as part of a support team!