cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do I do when centrelink won't help me with jobactive as I am ineligable

This is so hard isn't it @Hicks @j95 Feeling for you both. We can definitely keep supporting the feeling of being frustrated by this system but we do need to be mindful of this guideline:

"Don’t post content that would harm the reputation of a business, organisation or person - this may be defamatory."

Your feelings are very valid however, I will see what resources I can dig up around this issue Smiley Happy

Re: What do I do when centrelink won't help me with jobactive as I am ineligable

Yeah I guess but it’s centrelink it’s not like they will go broke because of us saying how annoyed we are.
And they took away my health care card because it went out of date and because they cancelled my payment they didnt send me a new one, so I had to pay $35 for a bit of cream for my allergic reaction and a ridiculous amount i don’t even want to think about on eye drops. I don’t get it, they take away my payment and then expect me to pay more for stuff, how does that work? I have less money now.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Super hard @j95 definitely hear what you're saying Heart

Stupid

@Hicks I'm sorry to hear you still haven't gotten anywhere.
Have you spoken to your parents about the food issue?

@j95 I understand how frustrating Centrelink can be at times. Sometimes they forget to automatically send you a new health care card - that happened to me this year, but I just applied for a new one and got it sent out. If you're not sure why they have done something go into your nearest office or ring them. I know it can be frustrating to wait, but somethings it's a necessary evil Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Yeah it is pretty annoying they won't help me. My parents basically only have cereals, milk for their coffees and there's really not much in the fridge,  cupboard or freezer. It's all set aside for meals so if we touch it for lunches we get in trouble. I have asked them to buy more food and my mum just thinks I'm attacking her. How am I attacking her when I state the facts that there isn't anything to put on sandwiches? We have no salad vegetables or really anything. It's so frustrating that the food we do have is set aside for meals that we can't have for lunch or anything. 

Highlighted

Hey @Hicks, I am sorry to hear how much you are struggling at the moment. My mum used to feel attacked in similar situations because she was trying her best and felt like I was pressuring her by asking for things she couldn't provide. Do you think your mum might feel this way too? I know it is a really difficult situation for you, especially when you need food to eat.

How have you been managing through all of this? It is so important to look after yourself where you can Heart Have you paid the local Salvos a visit? They often provide food stamps Smiley Happy

Medication can be so expensive @j95, so I can see how that would frustrate you a lot! I hope it sorts itself out, even if it takes a little bit of time.

And trying to find someone that bulk bills without a health care card that isn’t booked out 😑

I know how that goes @j95, everyone has the same idea so all the bulk billing clinics fill up quickly! They usually recommend booking ahead. Luckily there are heaps of other support available Smiley Happy