cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What do you do on weekends?

Hi all i was just wondering what everyone does on weekends. i dont have any friends or anything like that and ive noticed a patern that weekends are always the hardest for me to cope with and alot of bad thoughts flood in during that 2 day period. 

So i guess just seeing what people do or even if you want to suggest things it would be nice. Thanks

Re: What do you do on weekends?

Hey @Zeraxero how's it going? I'll let others say what they do on weekends but I wanted to talk about how you're feeling. Isolation is a really difficult feeling. We are meant to connect with others. No wonder then that weekends are so challenging (with no job or school to distract). What kind of thoughts do you experience over the 2 days? And can you also tell me if you have any hobbies (or used to) and are there things that you enjoy (or used to enjoy) doing just for the sake of enjoyment? 

on the weekends i mainly feel really alone and hopeless. and it exastribates my biggest trigger which is being unloved and unwanted and all the thoughts that come with it. i get alot of suicidal ideation aswell like i am curently but most of the time i can control that part. and i dont really have hobbies perse like ive been trying to lose alot of weight so i do my exercise and what not but other than that theres not alot i do other than force myself to try to play games. i sometimes try to watch movies or tv shows online but anything that has any romance or love anything like that even if it is just a few minutes really cut deep and make things really bad just as its my main trigger that i am struggling to deal with. i cant even do school work most of the time as i have my work being proof read by the mental health people with the online learning im doing and they dont work weekends so i just have to wait. I really wish i didnt have saturday and sunday they just are the hardest days for me to deal with and just make me want to try and just fall asleep for both days. 

Hey @Zeraxero sorry to hear you struggle with weekends and finding good ways to occupy your time.
I'm pretty terrible with weekend stuff too - usually watching youtube vlogs if I'm feeling disconnected from people, and otherwise tv/movies, games. I started taking some online courses at Coursera which are pretty cool (can do them for free, and can turn off deadlines if it gets too intense trying to fit everything in or if motivation takes a nosedive).

Do you reckon an online course would be something that might interest you?
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@Zeraxero I'm really sorry, this sounds very hard to be going through. Have you talked to anyone about how you feel on the weekends? I'm assuming that these thoughts and feelings of hopelessness are somewhat continuous but really gather force on weekends, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm wondering if you have a counsellor that you could confide in. It's great you have some goals but it also sounds like you need help in navigating these painful thoughts and feelings. It's wonderful that you reached out here, so good on you for that. 

You mentioned you don't have friends. Is this how it has been for a last little while or did you at one point have social connections? What about your relations with family? If these questions are a bit too much, just let me know.

im currently doing a diploma of accounting online but i always have work waiting to be marked on weekends and if im doing something wrong just seems silly to continue doing things wrong in the next module.

Ive never had friends just people who tormented me less and even then on weekends they were always kind of dull and meaningless. My family is pretty toxic and genrallly dont get along and value money more than family so i dont talk to them due to how bad it always ends up, even though i live with my parents currently they feel the way i am is to much for them to handle so im not allowed to talk to them about this kind of thing so im greatly alone when it comes to anything emotional or psycological. i do have a counciler and we have done some work on getting past the weekend problems but it dosent really seem to be helping at all and things get so bad usually that im willing to call the hospital but out of fear of the acute psych ward here i dont since that place is worse than what i do to myself.

so yea i want to be able to do stuff on weekends which is partly why im trying to get a job so i can pick up extra shifts and just flood my life with work as it seems to be the way most people handle things and genrally looks to work.

@Zeraxero it is really positive that you can say that you want to be able to do things on the weekends, and that you are studying.

Also there are experiences you have shared that are really awful for you.

Making self-love a priority can help, bit by bit, particularly if you do things on a regular basis that send the message to you that you really are alright, lovable and have lots of positives going for you - sending this message to yourself is what is important .... even if at times you find it hard to feel it.      

i hear that self-love is important from alot of people im just afraid that if i do ill become complaicent in myself as currently im using my hatred and disgust for myself to drive me to get better. it has been somewhat effective in losing weight i just dont want to be ok with myself as their is so much more and a better place i want to be that im afraid ill lose that if i love myself currently.

Hey @Zeraxero, that is one form of making sense of how you are going. Great that you have succeeded in losing some weight.
Would negative attitudes towards yourself create better positive changes than positive attitudes towards yourself?

i think so yes because it allows me to forsake my safety to get the job or goal done and i dont get compliments from anyone or myself and never really have so when ever i do i dont know how to take it and i just feel empty and numb. yet with the negative motivation i get alot of that from people around me aswell as myself so it all adds up and makes me do things, sometimes not conducive to my health but it gets me going regardless. all this stuff though dosent really help on weekends i just feel empty and really alone since during the week i can talk to the people who are helping me get work or my counciler and various things like that just they close on the weekend so that sucks feels like everything comes to a standstill and is a real demotivator.