cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you do on weekends?

well my case manager is the closest i have to a counciler and ive asked about a psychologist and noone here is going to take my case as their is only a few at the community mental health here and ive asked the private psychologists here and they just tell me to go to community mental health so yea its an endless cycle. Ive also tried the callbacks and help systems like that they only make things worse and exagerate the problems.

@Zeraxero I know things have been looking bad lately, how're you doing right now? It's a really good thing that you have a case manager in your corner even though sometimes getting what you need can be tricky. Continue to persevere and stress that you do need or want to see a mental health professional - whether it's a counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist. Another support to reach out to will be a local GP who can probably get you a referral and a mental health plan.

You mentioned that you've used some of the services @Kaz-RO mentioned that didn't work, and it can feel like a long, tedious process at times because it's similar to finding the right counselor and some will work for you and others wont, just like everyday life where some people you will tend to connect with and others not so much... Don't lose heart, there are other services that you can give a go at - such as headspace on 1800 650 890  or lifeline at 13 11 14? Please continue to reach out to us, and let us know how you're doing?

@Zeraxero Just also going back to some of the other posts, I'm wondering if you've ever been to a support group or if there's one relatively close that you can go to?

Here's a recent dicussion about some that might help? http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Getting-Help/Support-groups/m-p/190514#U190514

yea i had a look their was nothing on that website that was remotely close the closest was more than 2 hours away so i highly doubt illd do that. Thanks though.

Hi im doing alright i guess just doing alot of waiting to hear back from people about jobs etc. I get to go see a plastic surgeon this thursday to discus my weight and the problems that are occuring as its medically nessicary for me to have surgery to remove excess skin and tissue so im hoping to find out how much that will cost and what weight i need to be before getting it done to give me a goal weight to reach. I had a good experiance on thursday this week a girl who i go to group with gave me a hug after i told the group about some of the things that happened to me as a kid and its the first time ive ever been in the pressence and been in contact with someone who really cares and understands me so it was really nice but after the group and later that night left a really painful feeling of longing and wanting that again although was out of reach so that wasnt so great. Other than that im taking care of my burns and just doing what i have to to make time pass.

Highlighted

On weekends I clean the house, do my laundry and spend the rest of my time watching movies, chatting (social media), dancing or other times do my assessments and study (if on exams)

Hey @Zeraxero , I’m not sure if you still use this website or not but I just read all your replies and I have also struggled with isolation like you described, Although I think you have/had a lot of other worries too. I hope things are going better for you now Smiley Happy If however you are still struggling on weekends like you described, I recommend going outside and seeing the sun a bit too, (hopefully where you live its sunny some days) as that helps me a bit lift my mood. I also recommend getting lots of sleep (as hard as that is for me too do never getting enough sleep) and maybe try out some painting or drawing? Even abstract painting if you want, it can really help get your emotions out and is somewhat like its own therapy. Smiley Happy Maybe you could call up someone you haven’t talked to in a while or call up a family member to go visit them or they visit you? I’m not sure if this would help or not and you’ve probably heard a lot of these tips before, they’re really generic, but they do work! I really hope things are doing better for you now Smiley Happy