cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you do on weekends?

Hey @Zeraxero thanks for reaching out to us on here. It sounds like there are a lot of things going on for you at the moment and you're trying to manage a lot of different feelings and needs and that can be really tough. It's concerning to me that you said that negativity makes you do things that aren't conducive to your health. Do you think that if you're healthy then you are more equipped to face some of these challenges you're facing?

What are some things you could do to have more things to do on the weekend? I can imagine how tough it can get, it gets like that for me sometimes too. Getting a job is a good idea. What are some things that you enjoy doing? Do you like music? Do you have any favourite sports? What have you been doing at the gym, is it mostly running?

i dont really enjoy anything at the moment i just feel like everything is a drag and i have like a home gym for weights and walk around my farm for cardio.

@Zeraxero thank you for sharing your story with us in this thread here. It's not easy to seek help, and it takes a lot of strength to reach out. I'm so sorry to hear that everything feels like a massive effort right now. It sounds like you've been finding the weekends to be very isolating, and difficult to cope with.

I'm sorry to hear that the enviroment you're in isn't particularly supportive. We are here to listen and support you, and you are absolutely not alone.

Using negative experiences/thoughts as motivation can be a positive thing, but it concerns me that you mentioned that sometimes you do things that aren't very conducive to your wellbeing. You are worthy and deserve to be safe. I'm hearing from the posts you've made in this thread that these feelings are incredibly difficult to deal with on the weekends. Would it be helpful to have some suggestions for other ways to cope with these feelings?

As for what to do on the weekends, feeling at a bit of a loss for what to do is something that a lot of people experience. Sometimes it may take a little while to find a hobby that you enjoy. Walking around your farm sounds very peaceful. Personally, I have started learning to knit and working on projects (scarves etc) helps me to feel productive while still having something relaxing to do to quiet my mind.

Hey @Zeraxero how are you doing today? We are always here to chat if you need.

Been better hurt myself last week so still recovering and still feeling intense lonliness  since just spending alot of time waiting for checks for volunteer work and waiting for employers to contact me about real jobs.  I probably would admit myself to hospital if it would help but it hasnt in the past

Hey @Zeraxero. Sorry we had to edit your thread a little bit - here on RO we don't talk about explicit forms of self-harm because it could be triggering for other users. You can read over the full forum guidelines here if you need more info.

We're really worried about you at the moment, though. Can I ask how your injuries are going? Do you need any medical care? And how are you feeling mentally - are you having any thoughts of suicide at all?

im looking after it fine i saw my case manager on tuesday. Mentally im drained and down and over everything with just the whole aspect of waiting to hear back from emloyers and having to wait to have sustainable weightloss is a drag. Also was taken off some meds for a month, so i should be back on those in the next week or 2 and they should help with energy and weightloss. No intense or extreme thoughts of suicide at the moment but more reckless behaviour i guess you could call it but currently have no plan to carry out those. 

I'm really glad to hear that @Zeraxero. Can I ask what other support you've got while you're waiting for your meds to kick in? It sounds like you're in a pretty vulnerable position right now with so many changes happening at once - it must be really stressful. Do you have plans in place for when this sort of stuff snowballs?

not really i just deal with it by myself since i have noone, no friends, significant other , family. i just do what i have to to get by which is why i have injuries at the moment as it offerd some relief. Going to hospital or the acute mental health unit here is totally pointless as im litrally wasting time since nothing improves when im there and their is nothing they can do to help so it just seems genrally pointless to go their.

I can understand that @Zeraxero. You've said you have a case manager, which is a good start. Do you have a regular counsellor or psychologist?

I think you've hit the nail on the head with hospital - their job is to get you healthy enough to be released, not to help you with long-term care or recovery. That can be really upsetting when recovery is what you need, though.

I'm really glad you're here on RO, and I really want to encourage you to keep posting new threads whenever stuff comes up for that peer support. But I also want to get you the best care we can in terms of clinical support, and I'm thinking that a helpline might be a good idea to have in your back pocket, for nights when it's really hard to avoid self-harm. Suicide Call Back Service is 24 hours, and all the counsellors there are trained in suicide and self-harm care. They won't replace a regular counsellor - their job is to keep you safe, not talk you through the underlying stuff - but they're a really awesome extra support. What do you think?