cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gives you hope?

Hey everyone! I’ve noticed that a bunch of us have expressed feeling very drained, exhausted, and hopeless at the moment Smiley Sad I wanted to start a thread where we can share the things that give us hope, or if you can’t think of anything, to get some inspiration from others! 

These are mine: 

My dream for a veggie garden gives me hope because I love plants and I know growing some tomatoes and lettuce is an achievable goal. 

Clarke Griffin and Luna and Raven Reyes from The 100 gives me hope. They show me life is worth living despite pain, that we can all be loved and find peace.  

Religion gives me hope because although I’m not sure what I believe yet, I know that I have the time and freedom to explore my values and beliefs. 

@scared01 @Bananatime04 @redhead @Hozzles @Bee @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @queenP @WheresMySquishy I thought some of you might be interested in this thread Smiley Very Happy

Re: What gives you hope?

Thank you for thinking of me tagging me @DruidChild! This is a wonderful idea for a thread <3

The thing that gives me the most hope is seeing so many young people being brave, expressing themselves and showing their feelings. I feel like even within the past few years society has been more open with giving young people a voice. Even a few years ago, I feel like young people weren't as open to talking about mental illness/sexuality/politics/ etc as we are now. Seeing young people being so passionate about what they believe in and working hard to make sure they are heard gives me hope! So, in sum, you all give me hope! 

Another thing is the LGBT+ community. Whenever I'm feeling lost or unsure I can always know there is a bright and strong community behind my back who has worked so hard for change. Pride gives me hope!

Also, my cat! He's a little sweetheart and fights so hard. We adopted him as a rescue and he's been dealing with an unknown sinus/respiratory condition his whole life but he's always there to snuggle with me and comfort me. 

My only hope, the thing that keeps me going and stops me from ending it all is that I have a goal and I’ve told like everyone what this goal is but it really does mean a lot to me.. I want to get a job at kids helpline both to help young people because I know how hard it is and I love helping people and also to tell my counsellor in person how much she has helped me and how much I appreciate having her. When I feel like giving up I remind myself that if I end it now I won’t be able to achieve this goal. It is my only goal and really it’s why I’m still here. Sorry for a lame answer but it’s truly the only thing that gives me hope other than my family. It makes me feel like there is something to live for.

That's not a lame answer. That's really good, @Bananatime04.
I don't know what gives me hope, only because I've lost my feelings. But as soon as I get them back, I'll say what I think gives me hope. In the meantime, I'll keep reading these replies.

I just remembered one of my goals.
One day, I want to be on 'The Voice' or 'Australia's got Talent'. I have an amazing singing voice, and others agree with me. I can play a few intruments, and I think I have a chance of getting there someday.

That’s such an amazing goal Lexi! I hope one day you do get the chance to achieve it!

It's not likely. I will never have the money to get into one of those shows.

Surely you don’t have to pay to go on them?? Don’t you do auditions then if you make it on the show then you can win money or the prize? My friend auditioned for Australia’s got talent but I’m not sure if she made it or if she had to pay.. but you never know! You could be a millionaire when you’re older!

True...
Still not likely. Idk if I would have to pay. Thanks for the encouragement.

My dream probably isn’t something that would happen because I wouldn’t have enough money to move to Brisbane but I still stay with it cause it’s the only thing I really want to do with my life! If you really want to go on the voice or Australia’s got talent then stay with it because it is possible!