Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What gives you hope?

great thread @DruidChild
hmm ill have to think on it as im not to sure
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

What a great thread @DruidChild! Everyone has such great goals and dreams!

I hope to get into postgraduate study for next year!
I hope for my sister to also get better because she hasn't been able to walk since October. I want to see her walk again. I think she will get there eventually and that it will just take a lot of time and hard work. I really want to be there when it happens.
Like you, I'm looking forward to ticking off some personal goals and getting some more life experience this year. I really want to contribute more to my local community. I couldn't see properly for a lot of last year and it took months to get fixed, so I'm looking forward to being able to do things I couldn't do before and being more independent. When I look around, I find myself surprised by the things I can see better. I'm inspired by the number of leaves on the trees, the individual blades of grass and the shapes of clouds. Even being able to watch TV is a blessing. I appreciate the world a lot more now and want to see more of it. Sometimes I wake up and say 'Wow!' I've tried explaining it to people but no one seems to know what I'm talking about.

Life didn't turn out like I expected, but I feel that this is all part of a plan for me. I didn't get into postgraduate study for this year, but I'm really glad at the same time because it would have been hard doing it whilst also being a fulltime carer. I feel like it has really brought us closer as a family too.

This is a beautiful thread @DruidChild! Thank you for creating it Smiley Happy

When I'm feeling hopeless (which is way too often *sighs*) I like to remind myself that there's still tomorrow. There's no guarantees it'll be any better than today, but my cat will be in tomorrow, my puppers will be in tomorrow, there's that aquarium I want to visit, cartoons I want to watch. Even though I might not be feeling good tomorrow, there's still good things waiting for me.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Hozzles seeing others be so passionate, and reaching out for help definitely brings some light into my day as well Smiley Happy And cats Smiley Very Happy

@Bananatime04 not a lame answer at all Smiley Happy I think it is amazing that you want to work for kidshelpline (though I can't say the brisbane weather will be all that great Smiley Tongue), you show such compassion and kindness in your responses, you will make a fantastic addition to the KHL team Smiley Happy

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx that's an awesome goal! I don't really know if you have to pay to audition, but I'm sure that google will be able to help out with that Smiley Happy I am positive that you will be amazing Smiley Happy

@redhead transitioning is such a wonderful thing, I'm glad that things keep moving forward for you! Smiley Happy

@scared01 take all the time you need Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy those are amazing things to keep hoping for Smiley Happy Best of luck in ticking off those personal goals! Sometimes it's the little things like blades of grass or a cool-looking cloud that can bring the positives into our day Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Nice @N1ghtW1ng and @WheresMySquishy Smiley Very Happy I love hearing about everyone’s goals and the things that keep you going! Heart

Thank you for this thread @DruidChild! Smiley Happy

Writing gives me hope, as does reading posts on the website Gives Me Hope! Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Same goes for me @letitgo! Coming on Here makes me hopeful... unless I'm not feeling like myself...

i have had a think about what gives me hope and my answer is you guys. everyone here. each of you have your own struggles yet you keep on putting one foot in front of the other. even though i dont actually know any of you, it has been an honour for you to let me into glimpses of your lives and even though most of the time it is the hard stuff, what i witness is the determination to keep on going and strive to help yourself get better.
I love reading of all the postives that are happening, and it goes to show that there is good in this life even when it seems dark.
i feel extremely lucky to have the mods that we do like @Taylor-RO @Jess1-RO @Jay-RO @TOM-RO @Andrea-RO @gina-RO and i know there are more both past and present who each have their own stories to tell and hardships to face but they are here and sharing their experiences and guiding us through some of the worst times in our lives.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Beautifully said @scared01 HeartSmiley Very Happy

@letitgo @xXLexi_Lou122Xx writing is so awesome, hey? What do you both like to write? 

Short stories...