cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What instrument do you play? Or wish to give it a try?

@Myvo French horn? O_O does it make a sound that sounds like "Bonjour!" every time you blow on it?

I use to play the clarinet a lot as a kid, I was in the school band and everything! I desperately wanted to play guitar though, I tried about 305839473947 times to start learning and it always fell through. My fingers were so short and small that it was really painful to stretch them to all the chords and stuff so I always gave up ):

Recorder anyone? Hahaha.

I used to play the clarinet. I kind of miss it.

Tried to learn guitar but I don't exactly have the best thumbs in the world. They are short and stubby and make it near impossible to play anything with strings.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie hahaha of course, the recorder! The clarinet was fun to play. @KitKat it sucks that your fingers were too small. I have small hands and fingers too but I can stretch a little over an octave on the piano Smiley Very Happy Did either of you ever play the bass clarinet?

@lovin each day Non, ce ne disait pas 'Bonjour'. It sounded like any other brass instrument  Smiley Tongue

@stonepixie Ah the recorder. Hated that thing haha, but yet you will find people who have mastered playing it into adulthood Smiley Very Happy

@stonepixie @N1ghtW1ng I was totally a recorder kid too! I remember that we all use to get together in this little classroom and play songs in primary school. But it was only ever super easy songs like "Mary had a little lamb" and "Lightly Row".

But no, I didn't play the bass clarinet ): Just the normal one for me!

@KitKat and @N1ghtW1ng I only played the normal one as well. I had to stop playing it after primary school as it was on loan from there.

As for the recorder, we had to play it in year 7 as well as primary school. Gah! But we did learn how to play 'my heart will go on' on it. Hahaha. I thought that was pretty cool! @Myvo

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Fellow former clarinet players unite! I got to about grade 3 then gave it up to learn guitar (I thought it'd make me seem cooler haha). I gave the guitar up too and now I miss playing an instrument Smiley Sad

Oooh, and I can play Hot Cross Buns & Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano. Does that count? Smiley Tongue

@lokifish nice! The fellowship of former clarinet players!

I've been playing piano for a while. I've always wanted to play the violin though Smiley Happy