cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is important to you in a partner or best friend?

Relationships come in allllll shapes and sizes and it's kind of awesome that every single person has a  different definition of who we are  (or aren't) romantically and/or sexually attracted to!

This thread is to think about what kind of qualities are important to you in a partner or best friend. Hopefully thinking about that can help us know what to look for if we're interested in meeting someone, but it might also be a great way to think about what you'd like to grow and learn more about if you already have a partner or partners Smiley Happy.

I'm keen to hear about things that go a little deeper than just how they look though! 

So for example for me: 

• It's important that my partner is supportive
  • Is good at cuddles
  • Can challenge me to think about things in new ways. 

How about you? 

Re: What is important to you in a partner or best friend?

In a partner, I try to look for someone who is supportive and can be there for me and where I can provide the same support to them. Plus they must have the same weird sense of humour as me because honestly laughing at the same things is always important Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

I think the best qualities a partner can have include:

- compassion

- encouraging

- emphatic

Highlighted

Hmm this is an interesting thread! A lot of women in my family have married fairly young or soon after meeting someone, so now that I'm getting closer to 21 I'm starting to think about this too. By figuring out what I want in a partner I also figure out what kind of partner I want to be, which gives me goals to work on Smiley Happy

- Supportive and patient

- Is intelligent and has a love of learning

- Has similar values, religious and political beliefs

- Willing to admit the things they're not so good at and work on them

- Is committed to making the relationship work for the long haul

- supportive

- understanding 

- passionate - For me it doesn't matter whether it is passion about football, uni work or anything in between. Passion shows drive and commitment Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

I find it interesting how the things that are important to us in partners or friends changes so much over time and as we get older.

These are all pretty important to me:
-Caring/Sensitive/Supportive
-Loyal/Reliable
-Intelligent and likes having discussions about all the things in the world
-Open minded
-Sense of humour/silly
-Likes going on adventures
-Challenges me to become a better person