cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is something that is helping you get through current lockdown restrictions?

Covid-19 and strict lockdown restrictions have in no doubt affected the mental health of several young people. In order to help those who are really struggling, what are some strategies or helpful tips you've used/currently use to help ease the worries and hardships surrounding lockdown? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: What is something that is helping you get through current lockdown restrictions?

Good idea for a thread @jamijam ! 

Something I have found helpful over the last few months is trying my best to maintain a routine, my favourite part of my day is going for a walk when I finish work. I find this helps me to stay a bit active and I feel better when I get some fresh air. What has helped you @jamijam ?

Highlighted

Re: What is something that is helping you get through current lockdown restrictions?

Thanks Hannah!

I've also found walking very helpful. But when I'm particularly stressed I like to do some deep breathing exercises and yoga which I find very relaxing.
Highlighted

Awesome idea @jamijam, certainly very relevant!

For me I like to try and take positive things from otherwise negative situations. In the case of Covid it provides spare time that can be used to learn new skills and engage in activities that would be otherwise limited. For example I started learning guitar earlier on during covid and it has come to be something of a passion for me (hence the username Smiley LOL). I know from myself and many others that it has also allowed people to appreciate aspects of life we previously took for granted! Like @Hannah-RO it also allowed me to establish a routine that I can hopefully carry into a covid free life!

Let us know your thoughts as @Hannah-RO said!!

Cheers

Highlighted

Thanks for the cool ideas @Guitarman97!

I think its very important to try and find the positives of lockdown, also gives us something to look forward to once restrictions finally ease. Learning new skills is also a good way to pass the time. I've taken up baking which I'm not amazing at but I'm learning, plus the extra snacks are always good!

Highlighted

I love my morning walk for this!

I like rug up and go for a chilled out walk around the local park as the sun rises. This gives me space to think, be alone and in nature. It's always soothing and a calm way to start the day.
Highlighted

Exercise as I shift my focus to ensure that I will not get crushed by my barbell, haha

Highlighted

I have found talking and calling my friends at night have really helped me feel less alone!

Highlighted

Great question! I've found that viewing lockdown restrictions as an opportunity to do things I've wanted to do but haven't made time for has helped me cope. For example, cleaning out my clothes, doing some art, and cooking are all things I didn't make time for before these restrictions but have now done and it feels great.

Highlighted

So many good suggestions here! 

New skills, morning walks, exercises, calling friends - so awesome to hear about how people are using their time.

I'm with you @Jeiraffe, it has been great for me to clean out and declutter a bit Smiley Very Happy