cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What is something that is helping you get through current lockdown restrictions?

Hi @jamijam  !

I love this post as it gives people ideas to help cope with things, and a chance to be grateful.

Some few things that have helped me include:

• Staying fit, and doing even the smallest amount of exercise as its good for your body and your mental health to know you aren't just sitting around all day.
  • Focusing on uni work has been a huge help as it keeps me busy, and being at home has made studying more efficient to some degree.
  • Spending time with my family is always nice.
  • Spending time with my SO and watching Netflix shows with her as a nice substitute to a date, and a fun way to relax. 
Highlighted

Re: What is something that is helping you get through current lockdown restrictions?

Hey @Hannah-RO!

Such good advice! I've also been trying my best to keep a routine. I find that without one, I get really lazy and easily demotivated. Especially with uni, I try hard to take my classes when they're scheduled. 

I also go on walks around the neighbourhood, use headspace to do some body scanning and try my best to not look at the news too much. 

Highlighted

I love hearing about how everyone's making the most of this situation!

For me, gardening has been such a saving grace Smiley Happy Before covid my garden was somewhat neglected, but now I've got plenty of time to get it all into shape. Honestly it's not like I just put on my gardening gloves as soon as I started staying home though, it took me months to plan out what I was going to do and get started on it bit by bit. When I was talking to a friend recently about this they said it's amazing how self-motivated I am, and that made me feel really proud of myself - especially knowing that it's all the results of the effort I put in Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I find talking to people who understand what I am going through really beneficial for my mental health. I have used the services eFriend (https://efriend.org.au/) and Being Supported (beingsupported.org.au) and I would highly recommend calling them based on my experience. 

Highlighted

So many great ideas here! @Suzie29 wow these services sound amazing. I didn't even know they existed!

I try to take this time to rest as much as I can and for once not feel rushed to be places. And I also have a list of things I want to do when this is over. Ordering a happy meal may or may not be on the list lol.

Highlighted

Great thread! I like to try something new or at least work on a skill that I've neglected, such as drawing!

I attended a drawing course during my undergrad and absolutely loved it so i ordered some cheap charcoal pastels and am smashing them through Smiley Happy

Also exercise and meditation are saving graces! Also, interestingly I've been exploring the idea of faith and spirituality as the idea of a higher being does comfort me in these tough times!!