cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: When life goes downhill..... fast

Well it seems I’m on a bad luck streak because the house needs fixing which we’re doing but I hope it’ll be better soon. As for work yeah the COVID19 Jazz has been a struggle (my town didn’t have much and no it’ll have next to nothing) and I’m still trying to fix my Centrelink jobseeker payment which also gets cancelled in about 3 days so I’m going to go in for the forth time to try and sort it out but I’ll have to walk about 6km because I don’t have a vehicle. I’m just really mad that all this has happened to me and especially with what’s happened to my dad, I’m angry because she basically kicked him down and a day later screamed “you fucking whore” my mother.

Highlighted

Hey @EZTrings 

I don't think we've officially met on here before. My name is Maddy- nice to e-meet you Smiley Happy. I've just caught up on your thread and I'm sorry to hear that things are pretty crappy at the moment. It sounds like things are particularly bad with your dad's girlfriend and have been for a while Smiley Sad. It sounds like she's being somewhat abusive not just to you, but also your dad and your mum, is that right? Did she literally kick him down or was that more of a metaphor? Sounds concerning either way.

You're right. Finding work is extra difficult at the moment due to the COVID-19 stuff. It's really great that you're been actively in contact with Centrelink - I hope your payments get sorted out soon Heart. Just so you know I removed an aspect of your post and replaced it with "struggling" - only because it was a bit graphic. I hope you don't mind Smiley Happy I'm not sure if you've seen our community guidelines but they are listed here if you ever need to access them.

Highlighted

No we haven’t and it’s nice to e-meet you too and yeah she has been basically abusive to me and my mom but my dad I’m not to sure unless you count making him homeless for a night abuse (I’m not trying to be rude by putting it like that I just don’t know what it would fall under).

yeah Centrelink is still a bit of a struggle so I’m going to completely redo my claim in hopes it goes more fluid this time. And yeah that’s fine sorry bout that I’m just a little insensitive to how I say things, I’ll give those guidelines a read to thanks

Highlighted

Hey @EZTrings , it sounds like that's a pretty rough situation with your dad's girlfriend, that kind of abuse can be really toxic, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with that on top of everything else. I just thought I'd share this here in case you ever feel like chatting to someone about that side of things - 1800RESPECT is a 24/7 number you can call, and their website is also really good. 

Centrelink stuff can definitely be really stressful - I hope this claim is more straightforward for you. If it's doable for you, you can sometimes get more help if you go there in person, they also have social workers there who can help out with things like housing and make sure you're getting everything you're entitled to. 

How are you going today?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here
Highlighted

It’s just all going round in circles my dad is still texting her and I know I’m frustrating him but I don’t know how and almost everybody is  talking about me behind my back without telling me what the problem is, only filling up a jar reasons to cast me aside, every time getting closer to the edge of people I can fall back too. I’m just scared I’ll have nothing soon

Highlighted

Hey @EZTrings

It sounds like this situation has been really draining for you, and I can only imagine how frustrated you must be feeling right now. We can sometimes get the sense that no one wants to support us when we are feeling really low, but this is often untrue. Have you been able to open up about how you're feeling with your dad? It might be helpful for both of you to have a bit more of a frank discussion about the current situation Heart

Highlighted

I’m just lonely that’s it, as a kid I never had friends because from step one I was the person at the end of all the teasing and harassment, I never had anything to base people skills off and that’s mainly why I’m lonely.

the though of loneliness is sucking away at me but what can I do, I’ve tried everything but it doesn’t work. I’ve been doing more work lately because I need money as after finding a new place I can’t stay there as it’s sold and I have two weeks to get out.

I like a chick at work but they have a boy friend so I’m going to stay away from her in a sense I don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable and besides her presence is enough, it’s just draining me mentally and physically to see these things moving while I’m still, witnessing time move on

Highlighted

Aww @EZTrings I'm really feeling for you. Loneliness is so painful to sit with, I know I've been in that spot before and I really understand how isolating it is. I hope you can hold onto hope, because life will introduce you to many people and give you plenty of opportunities to form connections with people. Also, know this community is always here for you Heart 

Highlighted

@EZTrings I can relate to your childhood experiences. I never thought that such experiences would have such an effect on my life as a young adult. 

What do you think you can do right now to get your mind off things for the time being