cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Who do you look up to and why?

I look up to my nan. She has survived breast cancer 3 times now and she is such an inspiration! She seriously is the most hilarious person I know as well! She’s my best friend Smiley Happy my mum and I are close and talk every day but we clash a lot and are both stubborn, my nan however, totally gets me in every state of mind I have and always supports me. 

Your response was so beautiful @caseyleehs !

Thought I would come back and revive this thread.

I read back over my post from 2013 and I found it quite interesting to realise that some of the traits I admired in others have become some of my characteristics. For example in my teacher from 2013, I admired how she always saw the best in people, and this is something I find myself doing time and time again.

Like my aunt, I help others where I can. Whether it be modding here and helping others through some tough times, building a relationship in a positive light and helping them feel connected (like previous mods helped me), helping friends when they need it etc.

I had to think about who I look up to now and the first people who come to mind are some of the friends I have met through modding with RO and the community managers. Very similar to the mods I looked up to many years ago they are people who have a huge heart and care greatly about others. One thing I have learnt from the community managers and fellow mods is that you can struggle with mental health, or other issues but still be strong in other areas and feel empowered and supported. That feeling struggle in one area doesn't mean you aren't strong in other areas.

I hope those reading this feel comfortable to share who they look up to. It can be anyone for any reason. Why we look up to someone and see them as a role model is unique as our fingerprint and identity Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

YAAAS @Bee Thanks for reviving this! You have really shared the perfect example of emulating all of the qualities you admired in your role models and why it is important to have them! 

Personally, I haven't thought about who my role model would be until right now. When I was a kid my answer definitely would have been Britney Spears Smiley LOL but for now I think my answer would be one of my friends! She taught me just go for it, to be passionate and to never forget where you come from. She reminded me that our culture is beautiful and connected me back to a piece of me that had been missing for a while because I lost touch with my culture and myself. 

I am lucky to be surrounded by so many beautiful people in my life, they all teach me something everyday so for that I am also very thankful!!

Highlighted

@lennycat2017 you're welcome Smiley Happy
Your friend sounds like an awesome influence, she sounds like someone you inspires self-confidence! Being passionate and never forgetting where you come from are awesome things to keep close to you Heart I'm glad you were able to reconnect with yourself and your culture.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

There is this teacher at my old high school that I look up to because they seem to be a really decent person and helped me alot. I want to inspire and help people like they did for me.

There is a nurse I know that helped me when I was really struggling with eating. I want to be kind and helpful like her. 

Hmmm... This is a great Idea for appreciating people...
I'm not sure...

I look up to my best friend and youth leader, because she is kind and loving to me. Except for the fact that I can only see her Twice a week, She was there for me, before she graduated last year. I want to be able to look after myself and others like she does. Thank you, My dear friend.

That's really beautiful @mspaceK !
You already help so many people as a Builder here on RO Smiley Happy Proud of you!

That's such a nice response @xXLexi_Lou122Xx !
It sounds like you have an amazing friend Smiley Happy

Coming back and reading all these responses is so beautiful guys, Keep em coming!!