cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do people treat others like crap?

I'm making my own thread for this because that's something that we have to do. 

I know I have upset people in the past but how can people be so mean to others and not feel bad about it? 

I was just doing my job and I'm apparently I'm lazy and pathetic and a heap of other things, one was about not being white, that's white, I don't see what being indigenous has to do with how I do my job. I don't get it. Why do people think they can speak to me like that, I'm a person too. 

Re: Why do people treat others like crap?

Hey @j95 ugh that's so terrible! It's not okay for people to be racist or discriminatory. It's also not cool to call someone lazy or pathetic. That's total bs behaviour and it's not true at all.

You don't deserve that.

makes me feel crap and it's not fair, I like my job but when people say things like that it makes me not want to do it anymore @Ben-RO

That's fair enough @j95. I know sometimes you have struggled with the self-talk stuff too, do you feel like you're taking what this jerk said on board?

Was the person who said this a colleague?

Yeah @Ben-RO and no, a customer, the same prick that was awful to me about 6 months ago.

Ah i remember you posting about this although i can't believe that was 6 months ago!

I am glad you're not working with this person on every job. That's still not okay though! This person is a Racist and a Bigot. Both of which are 1000000000% not okay ever.

So. What do we do now? Do you want to take some steps to make sure you're safe from that kind of verbal abuse? Do we need to help you remember how great you actually are, so this person's words don't sink in? Something else?

p.s i am glad you made a thread about this, it's an important conversation!

Well i think it was January @Ben-RO so pretty long ago. He has multiple properties. Last time it wasn't as personal, it was a general statement directed at pretty much everyone but I happened to be the only one there. This was mostly about me and about things completely irrelavent, like super personal, you're too lazy to work isn't that how all of you are, why don't I go sniff some petrol instead, etc . He thinks that because he has a heap of money he can treat everybody else like dirt. The type of customer that stands at the back door making sure we're doing everything right all of the time. 
I like those two things you suggested

@j95 ugh. that suuuucks!

Have you talked to your boss about this?

Nah I'm just worried about it @Ben-RO
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 1 member 179 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count