cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will everything get better ?

It’s New Year which is Great, I have been pushing myself to go out with my family to places far from home which seemed fun, cool and relaxing not worrying about everything. But they are times where I’m feeling more sad than usual and then having happy thoughts and I feel like crying some of the times. I have just turned 16 and everything is changing which I’m scared about because this year is probably the last year I see some of my friends before we move with our lives after school. I feel scared that things are changing so much I don’t have time to process it and knowing my Dad is sick and is each day slowly and slowly getting better. Then having my sister and trying to still get used to her having diabetes it's too much to handle, I want to make my parents proud and go for my learners but what happens if I'm not ready? what if I don’t want to grow up just yet and enjoy everything I have still. School work is getting harder for me and it's too overwhelming for me, how do I know this year isn’t going to a laugh in my face like last year. How do I stay positive about everything and most of all how do I get  motivated to exercise and believe in myself, I want to become a better version of myself and I don’t know where to start. 

Re: Will everything get better ?

Hey @Dleehy2002, sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. It sounds like you are trying really hard to get on top of things and do your best Heart Have you talked to anyone about these issues and what has been going on for you? I think it is easy to feel overwhelmed when thinking of all the upcoming changes.. although it might be helpful to remember that these changes will occur across a whole year and not necessarily all at once. I can hear that it is hard for you to know where to start when there are so many places to begin. It might be helpful for you to focus on the most important changes that you can make right now. What do you think they may be?

Re: Will everything get better ?

Hi @Dleehy2002 just checking in, how are things going?

I really liked Taylor-RO's idea of identifying the changes you most want to make and starting from there, what did you think? It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, remember to take care of yourself and practice self-care Heart xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart