cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YET

Sometimes we get pretty stuck in a spiral of negative self talk... we might think or say things like "I don't have any friends" or " I won't pass my exam". There's a magic word that you can use to start to challenge these thoughts.The word is: 

Yet

Sometimes the way things are feels like the way things always will be. That's just not true though. We're constantly changing and growing, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly and generally we grow in directions and ways we never really expected. 

Adding "Yet" to the end of the sentence can sometimes help you remember there's always another way, another angle or another chance to make the most of things. 

Try it next time you're feeling down and share it here. 

For example: 

I can't stay focused at work

becomes 

I can't stay focused at work, yet!

Pretty easy right? It will help, promise. 

Re: YET

This is a great strategy Smiley Happy 

I actually use this all the time in relation to fitness. Its hard to watch other people do exercises that you are not able to do, but I always remind myself that even if I can't do them yet, I might be able to in the future! Patience is key Cat Wink

Brilliant thread and strategy!

I can't think of a 'yet' statement off the top of my head, but when I have one, I'll post it here! 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

awesome thread @Ben-RO

i also try this one- adding in right now

e.g i cant do this! to i cant do this right now. meaning i will get to it but i cant do it right this second and when i feel up to it i will

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I found this thread today - it's really great. So great that I thought I would bring it back to the top as a reminder of a very simple, but effective way of challenging negative thought patterns!

@mrmusic I love this thread/strategy too Smiley Very Happy thanks for bumping it up as a reminder