cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKS

Hi guys!!
I've been super into reading over the summer whilst I'm on uni holidays Smiley Very Happy but sometimes I find it difficult to find the next book I want to read.. I am constantly asking people what they're favourite books are so that I can give them a go, so I thought why not start a thread so that all of us can share our favourite books so that others can enjoy them as well Heart 

At the moment I am reading "The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down" By Haemin Sunim ( who is a Korean Buddhist monk). It is truly amazing and beautifully written, I am not very far into it yet but already it has helped me to reduce anxiety and take things in my day much slower and to have more positive thoughts. It also is broken to smaller poem like paragraphs rather than being one big novel, so I think even people who don't LOVE reading will still get joy from this book.

SO GUYS - TELL ME YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKS !!!! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Re: YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKS

not a big reader or anything but books I like are;

see you at harry's, it's such a beautiful book Smiley Very Happy

tomorrow when the war, began series, BEST SERIES EVER YOU HAVE TO READ !!!

those are my very favourites Smiley Happy

@Jane_Rose thanks for making this, I'm legit the worst on deciding what to read next so I'll happily take all suggestions given here haha Smiley Very Happy

@litgym How good is The Tomorrow Series!!! I wished they continued to make more of the films! They did such a good job of the first one. Have you read the Ellie Chronicles? I read them when I was at school and loved them just as much as the Tomorrow Series. They're about Ellies life after the war and trying to resume a semi-normal life. From memory is think there is only 3 of them and were quite easy to read.

Okay onto my favourites..

1. First and foremost- Harry Potter - JK Rowling-  If you haven't read them before get onto it because they are 100000 times better than the films and you will learn all about Peeves, a very influential character who didn't make it into any of the films. 
  2. We Were Liars- E. Lockhart. I don't remember the last time a book got such a hold of me like this one did. Written so so cleverly, it keeps you on your toes the entire time. The ending is heart breaking, I sobbed for hours....
  3. Stuff Matters- Mark Miodownik- Very different to my other favourites, this is a book about material science. Mark discusses the history of the objects and materials we take for granted in our everyday lives and it is written in such a way that makes the everyday and ordinary exciting! If you like science I highly recommend this book!!

ahhh yes the Ellie chronicles are great but no as good as the tomorrow series !! @Maddyw

great thread Smiley Happy

theres actually a series called Vampire Academy that is really good. i didnt think i would be into it but its really detailed and keeps you on the edge of your seat so i would reccomend those for sure
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@litgym the funny thing is neither I am !! But just recently I've been loving them, and it sounds like my next one will have to be the tomorrow when the war began series !!!! thank you for sharing that with me Smiley Happy

wow @Maddyw such an detailed response I love it !!!! Thank you so much for sharing those with me, I definitely won't have a shortage of books on my list to read next now !! Smiley Very Happy

I love those kinds of books, the real page turner kind!! Thank you for your suggestion Smiley Happy 

What a great title @Jane_Rose - thank you for the recommendation!

I have several favourite books. Sixty Lights by Gail Jones is beautifully written.

I also love The Paper House by Anna Spargo-Ryan, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Dandelion Wine, The Year of Magical Thinking, For the Forest of a Bird and the Harry Potter series. Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

wow thankyou for those @letitgo !! Ive heard good things about The Paper House, and I loved the Perks of Being a Wallflower as a movie so I'm sure I'll love the book too! Smiley Very Happy