cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youth Mentoring

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of any organisations that I can become a mentor with, (on the Sunshine Coast, Australia) with one-on-one mentoring for teens up to like 17? I'm 19 so I'm struggling to find anywhere I could do it cause most places require you to be over 21? Just wondering if anyone knows of any places I could casually mentor because it is something I'm really passionate about. Heart

Re: Youth Mentoring

hey @kiramirror I'm not particularly sure about whats at the Sunshine Coast but checking out your local YMCA might be a good place to start. I know they run a few programs and they might even be able to help you find an organisation in your area that you're looking for! 

So great that you want to get involved with mentoring, best of luck!! Heart

Hey @kiramirror, like @lennycat2017, I'm not too sure about what's at Sunshine Coast either, but I agree with their suggestion of hitting up the YMCA is a great place to start Smiley Happy. I'm also thinking that you might like to contact your local headspace centre and see if there any mentoring programs there as well?

thank youu!
Highlighted

Hey @kiramirror <3 I just started youth mentoring through Raise Foundation. It's a program mentoring young kids around year 8 age in school once a week Smiley Happy

I know Melbourne City Mission has a similar program too.

Good luck!

I think Whitelion does too.

These are in Melbourne but worth checking out if they do it up your way