cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chest tightness

Ah anxiety, isn't it the best *sarcasm*

I don't have a good memory, so I can't definitively say how long this has been an issue for me but it has definitely been a really, really long time. 

Most of the time it's fine, a little bit of an annoyance but bearable. Feels more like a little ball in my chest than anything.

Sometimes, it's a little more. It grows a bit bigger and maybe get squeezed a little. There's not anything that often causes it to get bigger but it's probably caused from stress of something. 

And then it'll keep getting bigger until it feels like a fist is squeezing inside my chest and I just can't. It's... hard. Again, it's mostly caused by stress and anxiety from something but that doesn't make it any better. 

It just... hurts. Okay? It hurts. I know it's because I'm unhealthy and don't exercise or eat properly but, you know when it's been one way for so long, it's hard to see the change? That's kind of where I'm at. 

There's nothing to really gain from this post, more just sharing this. It's been getting worse lately and yeah. Anxiety sucks and I can't wait for the day I don't have a tight chest anymore. Whenever that day is... (if ever)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: chest tightness

Hi @N1ghtW1ng,

I'm really sorry to hear how painful anxiety has been for you lately Heart It must be very exhausting to be experiencing pain in your chest so frequently. 

You mentioned feeling like at times there is no one reason why the ball in your chest grows and becomes more painful. This is something I know to be the experience of a lot of people with anxiety (myself included) and I want you to know that I hear you and we are here for you Heart It can be hard not to have one reason we can point to and say "yes that's why this is happening" and I want to acknowledge how difficult that must be for you right now. 

Thank you so much for sharing this with us- I think it's so important to be able to talk about how you are going and putting the words down into writing, and I know that a lot of other people here are going to be able to relate to what you are experiencing right now and send their love and support Heart

While words can't take the pain away or stop this from happening right now, I want you to know I share your hope that one day you won't have this feeling in your chest anymore Heart We believe in you and are always here to lend an ear Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Thank you @Jess1-RO,
I wish it didn't hurt so much Smiley Sad But even worse, I wish I wasn't so used to it. I wish I knew what it felt like to not have this knot in my chest. That when it came up I could say, oh I'm feeling anxious instead of, oh just go away already because it's just always there.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Hey @N1ghtW1ng, how are you feeling today? I just wanted to check in Heart

I hope you are doing okay? You are not alone in this.