cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: feeling bleh

Hey everyone

Thanks for the tips. When I posted this up I was in one of those really difficult moods where everything seems so pointless and boring you just can't bring yourself to do a single thing. All of the little hobbies and coping tools from the last 8 months seemed so pathetic and irritating. On days where I follow all those tips in advance e.g. going for a walk or sticking to a bit of a routine, it's less likely for that mood to hit me, but on other days I slip up and struggle more Smiley Sad

Things are definitely improving for us here thankfully so I feel a bit ungrateful for feeling this way, but it's hard to rejoice like "woohoo haircuts are legal now" haha... I'm in a better mood today though, it's great having the day off hey Victoria people?
Highlighted

Hey @lemurien, I think it is great that you are aware that these tips help you to avoid those difficult moods.. which I think are pretty normal during a pandemic to be honest. And it is definitely normal to slip up, so don't judge yourself too harshly. I personally try to treat each day as a new day. I know it can be easier said than done but we are only human.

I agree that things are improving in Melbourne! Admittedly, I thought massage places were open but they aren't just yet.. so I can relate to also feeling a little bit less excited about the restrictions easing.
Highlighted

Hey @lemurien

Glad to hear you were in a better mood yesterday! Heart

Lockdown has been a super tough time, so I think what you are going through is very justified/normal during these times. I'm also from VIC and understand the emotional/social impacts of this lockdown. Hope you continue to feel better, and find tips and things that work for you. Something that has worked for me is starting my day by listing a few goals, this keeps me motivated and driven throughout the day. 

Also agreed, having the day off was so great!