cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my crush likes me back?

Hey @ruthxxx 

I'm so sorry to read how you're feeling.  It was wonderfully courageous of you to confess.  I know you're feeling emotional now but I really admire your bravery Heart.

It sounds like he is having trouble communicating?  Almost like you're not sure where you stand?  That must be really confusing.  It happens a lot so trust me, you're not alone in that regard.  Is there anything you can do tonight to look after yourself?  Just something fun to take your mind of it?

I feel asleep crying cause I feel so hurt and I dont know what to feel at the moment. ive tried listening to music but I have exams coming up and its rlly hard to concentrate on them cause of this situation

Hi @ruthxxx 

It sounds like this is really getting to you, which sucks... I remember feeling similar over crush-type things when I was younger. I think it can be really easy to get stuck in that over-thinking, over-worrying mode. I think back to times like that now and think - "why did I even care?" Looking back now - it all seems so insignificant. But it never feels that way at the time, in fact, it can be all-consuming! I feel what you're going through and I think lots of people have felt similarly. Being in limbo, and not knowing for sure how he feels, is very frustrating. 

I think if he isn't showing a clear interest in you, or showing you mixed signals, then maybe he's not entirely ready to date, or doesn't know how to go about dating, or is nervous himself. It could be any number of reasons. I guess at this point, it might be a good idea to try and forget about him, or to try and see him as a friend again. That way he's out of your mind and you can focus on exams, you know? Then in time, if he shows some clear interest, you might re-consider dating him. Does that sound possible and reasonable to you? 

I'd actually really encourage you to call Kids HelpLine to discuss the impact this is having on you.  Is that something you would consider? They're contactable 24/7 on 1800 55 1800, and they also have chat options available here if you'd prefer.  

thank you for the advice I really needed it!! yeh I was considering just seeing him as a friend and maybe giving it a shot after exam period idk im just too overwhelmed at this point at time and hes giving me so many mixed signals to the point where im confused and im just too stressed about school that its so meaningless but giving me the biggest impact at the same time.

Hey @ruthxxx,

I get what you mean. With things like crushes even though logically you know they aren't a big deal I feel as though they always take an emotional toll. I'm not sure about you but the bit I find that makes me most anxious is the grey area and not knowing.

I think in line with @Maddy-RO's advice, you are right in just being friends until exams are over and then reassessing afterwards. That way you can focus on your exams and then re asses when you are in a less stressful situation and can probably think clearer. 

I think you have done a really good job and at realizing what your needs are right now and that can be really tough when dealing with things like crushes.

Goodluck with your exams!! Heart Heart

thank you so much!!! yeh like ik crushes go away but ive always been an over thinker and ive been thinking about this for a week now cause im confused and frustrated on what's going on. yeh im going to try and forget about the situation till yearlies

That sounds very difficult to deal with @ruthxxx. I think you can only follow people's actions. Even if he does like you, you mentioned feeling upset and hurt by how he treats you. This sounds really heart breaking and you don't have to put up with this kind of behaviour.. even if he does say that he likes you, it doesn't make it okay. I imagine studying for exams might keep you quite distracted and busy from thinking about this? Is there anything else you can do to keep your mind off it? Heart

its just that he says he likes me but he acts so uninterested and keeps second guessing everything idk so basically hes the boy I said that it was a joke for formal (in one of my first comments on: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Something-s-not-right/2019-is-my-worst-year-by-far/td-p/373130
and afterwards I realised I actually declined him cause I was scared that he was going to find out that I started getting feelings for him. so when I first confessed he didn't believe it obviously cause he obviously doesn't trust me after the whole formal joke and with some friends he finally realised and he confessed and we talked for like a week and I didnt rlly know what we were at that point of time. so I asked a friend to ask him what was happening and he acted so weird and was like 'wow she likes me?' and he texted me and I confessed again and he confessed again and now im super confused cause I haven't talked to him in 2 days since we confessed and idk what we are now

@ruthxxx  That sounds like a tricky situation. It sounds like your crush is sending some mixed messages, which can be really confusing. Smiley Sad
I think it was really brave of you to confess your feelings to him though. Heart

I can't really tell you what to do about your crush. You could weigh up the pros and cons of whether to keep talking to him.
If you are still keen on maintaining a friendship or relationship with your crush, you could send him a message to let you know that you're thinking of him and ask how he is. I think communicating with him that you want to get to know him better after the exam period could also be a good idea.

By the way, good luck in your exams! Smiley Happy

yehh. ive been thinking about it and idk if its worth it or not and I keep confusing myself and stressing myself sort for no reason. my friends have advised me to just text him and ask whats going on upfront but idk if that's a good idea idk? thank you!!!