cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my crush likes me back?

Hey @ruthxxx 

I can see that this situation has really taken a toll - that must be really stressful for you. I think as a general rule communicating is always a good idea but you should only do that if and when you feel comfortable to do so. Do you want to open up a conversation with him about how you're both feeling? Heart 

Remember we are all here to help you navigate the situation Smiley Happy 

im just rlly confused at this moment of time and I just rlly want to concentrate on my exams cause I keep getting distracted by this situation so I thought maybe I could talk to him after next week or is that too late idk? yesterday one of my friends texted him asking him about me and he says that he doesn't believe I like him and thinks its a prank but I don't understand cause he confessed twice already and we talked for a week so idk what's happening and what he's thinking...

Hey @ruthxxx 

It's okay that you feel confused - relationships, feelings, emotions are all very confusing. It takes time to understand them and they can tend to take up a lot of mental space. That can be difficult when you're wanting to concentrate on other things. Sometimes when I struggle to concentrate on a task because my mind is elsewhere I think "There is plenty of time for me to think about this once "XYZ" is completed". It's a lot easier said than done but gently bringing yourself back to the task at hand can help. 

Are there any other things you think might help you focus on other things, while this happening? Heart 

not really I'm not sure :/

Hey @ruthxxx, it can be tough to know the answers all the time. A lot of us struggle to focus at times and so I think @Bre-RO's suggestion of gently bringing yourself back to the task at hand can really help. Concentrating can be so difficult when we have a lot going on. Have you heard of mindfulness before? This suggestion reminded me of it and it is pretty widely accessible these days. I personally use the app called Smiling Mind. I can't see that this has been asked before but I was wondering if there are any hobbies or activities you enjoy doing? Smiley Happy

I actually gave that a go a while back and it wasn't suited to me idk it just didn't work out. I like listening to music and going for walks with my dog; those let me, wander my mind off the troubled thoughts but they always come back

@ruthxxx  It's really good you gave it a go, some people say that mindfulness just doesn't resonate with them.  There a lots of different ways of incorporating mindfulness into your daily life. If walking outside with your dog relaxes you let this be your mindfulness. Next time you are walking try to focus solely on just being present with your dog on your walk. That sounds like mindfulness to me Smiley Happy

sorry for the late reply but thank you for the suggestions but idk I haven't been feeling the best and I have exams on rite now so sleep at the moment is rlly bad. its just im emotionally stressed cause he acts as if he doesn't like me ya know like I don't catch him staring at me when I look at him and he doesn't rlly notice me or I mite just be overthinking idk cause one of he's friends told him hes kinda shy so idk

hey @ruthxxx, how are you finding your exams? I know that they can often be a really difficult time of semester so touching base with yourself and seeing how you're going is a great idea. 

I know it must be emotionally stressful when you're not sure if your crush likes you back - it's really easy to find yourself trapped in patterns of thinking that seem to go in circles. To me, it seems like even though you had some signs that you crush might like you, you aren't receiving all of the signs that you were expecting him to send out (such es eye contact, etc). This seems to be causing a bit of stress right now. Does this sound correct? If so, do you think this is something you may be able to talk to him about?

Highlighted

thank you so much for asking It means a lot. yeh my exams just ended and I do feel very emotionally stressed but I've planned to work more on myself for the next couple of weeks of school as I dont have any exams or assignments left for the year.

the thing is, he confessed he liked me and we started talking and stuff but we dont even talk at school at all cause its rlly awks...but I haven't texted him in a week and I feel like he isn't interested in me cause its been so long and ive kinda planned to tell him that we can just be friends cause I feel like he doesn't like me that much to the point where he wants to get to know me idk or I'm overthinking this. I do want to bring it up to him and ask if he actually likes me or not but idk if that a good idea