cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mum still talks to my ex a lot and I told her not to.

I feel that she doesn't care about me anymore. I also don't want to live at home because I feel let down and I don't want anything to do with her. What should I do?
Highlighted

Re: my mum still talks to my ex a lot and I told her not to.

Hey @manlyforlife 

I'm sorry to hear  that you're feeling down about what's been happening lately. I can understand that it can be absolutely frustrating that your mum has continued to chat to your ex, despite telling her not to. Have you spoken with you about why she's continuing to do so? She may have some answers or reasons that you may not be aware of. If it's becoming really uncomfortable, having a chat about how this is making you feel and how this crosses the line could be a start. You could also write a small note if that is easier than talking. 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go. 

hey @manlyforlife 

thanks for sharing on the forums. if you've told your mum you don't want her talking to her ex it must be pretty hard to find out she's still doing it. i can see why you're feeling like she doesn't care. i think if you're upset its important to let her know how you're feeling. as @Myvo said maybe there are reasons why she is talking to her ex?

reachout has some information on how to approach conflict in a family. maybe you could check it out? click here. it might help you with ways to approach your mum.

if you're thinking of moving out of home there's also some good info on that too. click here.

we are all here to support you, so let us know how things go Smiley Happy

lanejane
Highlighted

Thanks.
Highlighted

Hey @manlyforlife
Have you managed to speak to your mum? and How are you feeling about everything now?