cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nervous about this

hey i need some help on dealing with nerves 

im from melbourne and am currently in adelaide cause im going to a guitar winter school program because i thought it sounded cool and fun to do and i also needed sometime away from melbourne because of personal reasons, im real nervous about being the only kid from melbourne possibly

Re: nervous about this

Hi @annonymous1234567 

I'm sorry that you're feeling nervous about going into this program - it sounds really cool! 

Being the only kid from your city may be difficult but it may also be a chance to make some really cool and different friends

Would you like to tell me, what exactly about this is making you feel nervous? 

im just really nervous about possibly being the only teenager from melbourne

Is that because you won't already know people in the program? There might be lots of other kids in the program from different places who won't know anyone either!

Do you often get nervous going into social situations and is there anything you can do that will help calm your nerves? I find coming up with a few talking points (E.g. for me lately it has been talking about the new spiderman movie tehe) can really help going into new social territories Smiley Happy

Totally second this, having a few things up your sleeve to talk about can defs help. Also the cool thing is the kids there will likely also be really into music like you, so you've already got a talking point. Playing music together is a bonding experience so I reckon that within a day no one will care that you're the "odd person out" because you have heaps of other stuff in common.

Hey @annonymous1234567 , hope the camp went well?