cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: skincare

I have combination skin and despite being in my 20s I still get breakouts! I tend to stick to the same morning routine which is using a mattifying moisturiser before I apply my make up and sometimes a spot treatment if my acne is really bad. I also used a mineral based powder just for some coverage which keeps my skin not getting oily throughout the day.

At night it all depends on my skin and how tired I am, I ALWAYS wash/cleanse my face though. If I shower then I use an exfoliator wash followed by a usual face wash but if I skip showering I use make up remover wipes (I just buy whatevers on special) and dab on some micellar water on the wipe once I've wiped my face once and wipe again.

I remember reading somewhere that you should only shower every other night for your bodies natural oils and it actually helps my skin (I do use a body wash and exfoliate when I do shower. Or maybe I am just lazy and unless I have actually been doing heavy work/working out, I don't see the point in showering haha! 

I then either use a night cream followed by a spot treatment or I use Sudocrem (as in the nappyrash cream) which really helps dry up spots and helps control the oily spots, I do find I can only use Sudocrem every other night on my skin though. 

I also sometimes use a mud based mask which really helps my skin but I can't use it super often as it can make my skin too dry.

I would go to your local Priceline though and chat to someone there about skin care and what products they recommend, everyones skin is different so what works for you might not work for me Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!
Highlighted

@ErinsAntics thank you so much !!
Highlighted

Hi @less123321

I've been tagged in the perfect post for me haha! Smiley Happy 

I looooove skincare. In fact you could say I'm obsessed. 

I follow the 10-step Korean skincare regimen. 

Most of my skincare is from Korea, I buy from yesstyle.com. 

Some things that I use that are basic though is my face wash and my moisturiser. 

I use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser because it's basic and works well for my combination dry skin. I also use the Ceptaphil moisturiser and never break out from it! 

I used to have really bad cystic acne. If you want to know any specific products I use let me know!

Although I have to also say that everyone's skin is different so I apologise in advance if it doesn't have the same effect!

Highlighted

@missep ahaha thank you so much for the advice !! I have been using the tatcha deep clean and the korres pomegranate tonic lotion and moisturiser and it has been going well!! props just jinx it ahah
Highlighted

I have pretty rank skin, oily and acne ridden for years and years.

Just started using Balense from Australian Skin Clinics and I love it! 

4 step system: cleanse, boost, hydrate and protect. 

The redness and inflammation has reduced massively and my breakouts have slowed too! Would totally recommend. 

Have also found that it is not so much the product but how committed you are to using it. Like through my early teens I just slapped the cleanser off and then quickly rinsed. Have found that it really pays to spend a while rubbing it all over your face and really getting it in your pores for a good cleanse, regardless of the product. Hope that helps! x

Highlighted

@Quaintrelle thank you for the advice!!
Highlighted

Ooh I love Tatcha! @less123321
Apparently the Tatcha primer is amazing, just a bit pricey though.
Does the pomegranate tonic lotion smell like actual pomegranate? I looove pomegranate.
Highlighted

@missep yeah i really really want the primer !! yeah as you said it is really pricey!!
Um in a way it does but it it doesn’t have a strong smell!! It works miracles tho ahah !!
what are some of you favourite masks??

Hi I have also used Cetaphil Cleanser. This always help me attain my smooth skin. 

Highlighted

I agree @SmileyKate! I've tried so many and it's the only one that I've stuck to for so long Smiley Happy 

@less123321 good question! I actually love sheet masks. Like the Korean ones. They make my skin so hydrated! Otherwise I love a good mud mask. Especially when my skin is breaking out, it feels like I'm really 'attacking' the pimples haha. What about yourself?