cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skincare

hey guys this is a really weird but I was wondering what skincare products you use... I have normal to combination skin and I'm trying to get more into skincare and I was wondering what everyone else have used and loved 

Re: skincare

Hey @less123321,

I personally have really dry, sensitive skin, so I'm not sure any of my suggestions would be relevant to you Smiley Tongue

One thing I will say though (because a lot of people aren't aware of it) is that unless you have really oily skin you apparently shouldn't actually use a toner, as it dries out the skin too much. 

Maybe some others will have tips to share Smiley Happy

@ErinsAntics @missep @Bee @basketofmonkeys

@lokifish great tip didn't think that was the case!! what moisturiser do you use??

@less123321
I'm pretty basic when it comes to my skincare. I basically just do what my skin needs. So if it's dry I moisturise the dry areas and leave the other bits.
I have a bristled brush which I use when I wash my skin, which is good because it lightly exfoliates your skin. I use this with and without a face wash. Otherwise, I use a face washer Smiley Happy

In terms of what products to use I use a variety and I think it comes down to personal choice really. What works for one person may not work for you. Or you may not like it. EG I cannot stand the exfoliation beads in any face wash or shower gel! They make me feel icky!
I'd start by having a look at what is on offer in your town and try a couple Smiley Happy Otherwise pop into your local chemist and the staff can usually give you a lot of info about the products they carry Smiley Happy

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee thank you for the tips!! I have been to Mecca and they suggested some products and I'm excited to try them!!

Sounds good @less123321 Smiley Happy

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@less123321 personally I stick to a hypoallergenic sorbolene based cleanser and moisturiser which I use in the mornings and evenings (and then I usually moisturise the really dry spots throughout the day if needed). I have eczema which means my skincare needs are a bit different from other people's.

It can be hard because I'm also vegetarian and therefore very anti-animal testing. Thankfully a lot of companies are moving away from it these days though because of new legislation in the EU and other places Smiley Happy

Would second @Bee's suggestion of chatting to your local chemist! Smiley Happy

@lokifish yes I love sorbolene for removing make up (I wear a lot oops aha) same I try to stay away from companies that test on animals. Thank you guys for the advice

Hey @less123321, not weird at all. I'm reeeeally bad when it comes to skin care, and I find it helpful to hear about what other people do, too.

I tend to only moisturise or cleanse when I notice that I'm breaking out and I use a Nutrogena moisturiser and a Nivea cleansing cream, purely because they were recommended to me by a family friend a few years ago and I've stuck with them Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo Thank you so much for the advice!!