cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skincare

hey guys this is a really weird but I was wondering what skincare products you use... I have normal to combination skin and I'm trying to get more into skincare and I was wondering what everyone else have used and loved 

Re: skincare

Hey @less123321,

I personally have really dry, sensitive skin, so I'm not sure any of my suggestions would be relevant to you Smiley Tongue

One thing I will say though (because a lot of people aren't aware of it) is that unless you have really oily skin you apparently shouldn't actually use a toner, as it dries out the skin too much. 

Maybe some others will have tips to share Smiley Happy

@ErinsAntics @missep @Bee @basketofmonkeys

@lokifish great tip didn't think that was the case!! what moisturiser do you use??

@less123321
I'm pretty basic when it comes to my skincare. I basically just do what my skin needs. So if it's dry I moisturise the dry areas and leave the other bits.
I have a bristled brush which I use when I wash my skin, which is good because it lightly exfoliates your skin. I use this with and without a face wash. Otherwise, I use a face washer Smiley Happy

In terms of what products to use I use a variety and I think it comes down to personal choice really. What works for one person may not work for you. Or you may not like it. EG I cannot stand the exfoliation beads in any face wash or shower gel! They make me feel icky!
I'd start by having a look at what is on offer in your town and try a couple Smiley Happy Otherwise pop into your local chemist and the staff can usually give you a lot of info about the products they carry Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee thank you for the tips!! I have been to Mecca and they suggested some products and I'm excited to try them!!

Sounds good @less123321 Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@less123321 personally I stick to a hypoallergenic sorbolene based cleanser and moisturiser which I use in the mornings and evenings (and then I usually moisturise the really dry spots throughout the day if needed). I have eczema which means my skincare needs are a bit different from other people's.

It can be hard because I'm also vegetarian and therefore very anti-animal testing. Thankfully a lot of companies are moving away from it these days though because of new legislation in the EU and other places Smiley Happy

Would second @Bee's suggestion of chatting to your local chemist! Smiley Happy

@lokifish yes I love sorbolene for removing make up (I wear a lot oops aha) same I try to stay away from companies that test on animals. Thank you guys for the advice

Hey @less123321, not weird at all. I'm reeeeally bad when it comes to skin care, and I find it helpful to hear about what other people do, too.

I tend to only moisturise or cleanse when I notice that I'm breaking out and I use a Nutrogena moisturiser and a Nivea cleansing cream, purely because they were recommended to me by a family friend a few years ago and I've stuck with them Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo Thank you so much for the advice!!