cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weed and pregnant

Hi I smoke pot everyday and am 29 weeks pregnant. Previously to falling pregnant I was smoking meth on a daily basis and drinking alcohol and smoking A LOT of weed. When I found out I was pregnant I was able to quit alcohol and meth but am still struggling with weed until this day, it’s so hard to stop and I really want to at least now as my baby is still developing and it scares me. I’m too ashamed to admit it to my midwife what can I do to help myself stop 

Re: weed and pregnant

Hey @Taytay499
I want to first welcome you to ReachOut, it can be really difficult to ask for help and you've done a very brave thing by making this post. 

I can hear that you're going through a really stressful time at the moment. Pregnancy can be difficult at the best of times, let alone just after you've managed to quit alcohol and meth. Just by doing that you've done something incredible for not only your own, but your baby's health as well Heart 

It must feel incredibly intimidating to talk about still using weed not only here, but also with the health professionals who work with you, however I really want to encourage you to do so. Your midwife's only job is to help you have the best and most safe pregnancy as possible. While you might be feeling really alone because of this, your midwife will have had a lot of experience and training to do with using drugs through pregnancy, and will be able to give you a huge amount of support. 

There's also a lot of other health professionals who will be able to help you with this issue. You can talk to your GP or obstetrician, and you can also call a couple of phone support lines like the Women’s Alcohol and Drug Service (Tel. (03) 8345 3931), and the Australian Drug Foundation (Tel. 1300 85 85 84). 

I hope you find this information helpful, and please look out for your own mental health during this time as well. We are always here to support you Heart Heart

Re: weed and pregnant

Hey @Taytay499 just checking in, how are things going for you? Did you give any of the resources @TOM-RO  linked above a go?

I just wanted to say that I really admire how much courage you showed in posting and asking for help, it couldn't have been easy and it shows a lot of strength. Heart If you feel worried about talking to someone in person or over the phone there's also Counselling Online which has internet based counselling. It has some really good self-help strategies for working on cutting down or stopping your use too. Thinking of you xx