cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Instruction Manual for using the new forums.... Sound good?

As the last manual was so successful, I was thinking an instruction manual for these forums may help users to adapt to the new forums... I'm still learning myself, so bear with me... Yes, I do appreciate the irony   Ideas welcome!!  

Re: An Instruction Manual for using the new forums.... Sound good?

If you want to get things started, that'd be great! Are you looking at it as a guide for those coming from the old forums? Or just a new users' guide in general?

This is a great idea Shadow.

Maybe we can see if the one from the old forums can be adapted and posted here? The RO crew still has access to the content on the old forums I think, so maybe that could help?

G: Yeah, definitly......

Lex:: New user manual in general. For both new and old.... Just till we get the hang of the new interface/features...  Good point though. Hadn't thought of tha!!Smiley Happy

This is a great idea. It's awesome to share tips on how to use forums, a short cut you found or an easy way to view things. Like for example, in Forum Home > My Settings > Preferences > Display, I've chosen to turn on "quick reply", a small box at the end of the thread...

We also had a "New to the forums? Not sure what to do?" thread in the old forums which explained what all the various sections were about and suggested what a new user might want to try first. Georgie I can defo get the text, do you want me to

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie - That would be really helpful I think Smiley Happy
Just a bit of a guide to how it all works, where to post certain things etc. The old one could probably be adapted I reckon Smiley Happy

I've posted a 'Guide to Forum Settings' in the welcome forum.
http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Guide-to-Forum-Settings/m-p/2514#U2514

It was before I saw this sorry! The idea of a manual is a great one Smiley Very Happy

@AllyEm wrote:

Just saw it. Ooooppps!! Smiley Surprised

@AllyEm wrote:
http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Guide-to-Forum-Settings/m-p/2514#U2514

It was before I saw this sorry! The idea of a manual is a great one Smiley Very Happy

Thanks Ally. But the welcome forum has the 'reply' function disabled, so Sophie redirected us here. 

Got a Q: How do you create a signature?