cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bi and suicidal

I am Hailey and I am 11 years old . I am bisexual and only my bestfriend knows yet she has told my mental bully and the rumours have spread ... unfortunately I have tried to commit suicide eight times in the past two years 2018-2020 and I am very stressed on school work and paranoid that I live in a not safe area in Canada I only told my grandma I’m suicidal yet she has not to believe me

Highlighted

Re: Bi and suicidal

Hey @HaileyArt128

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that you've been having such a difficult time recently. I can't imagine how much pain you have experienced recently. It was incredibly brave of you to tell your grandma how you were feeling, and I am sorry that she didn't believe you. Unfortunately, adults can become very scared or concerned when they are told someone that they love is really struggling, and so they can sometimes not want to believe what they are being told. This doesn't mean that you have too suffer in silence however. First of all, I think it might be a really good idea open up to another adults. If you don't feel comfortable telling someone in your family, it could be good to let a teacher know how you're feeling. Teachers are often trained to deal with these situations, and so they might be able to provide you with some guidance and support. 

I also think it might be a really good idea to talk with some professional supports. Kids Help Phone is a Canadian 24/7 counselling service for young people. They will be able to give you some really good advice on what to do about how you are feeling, and what sort of supports you can access in Canada. They also have a bunch of articles and information on how to deal with life stuff, like bullying

I hope this helps! Let us know how you go Heart