cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bugs and Glitches

Shadow, I think we see our own profiles differently to how other users do.
When I looked at yours there was no email, I looked at mine and there is (along with other info) then I looked at mine logged out and it was gone (along with the other info).

@Apothecary - I think the titles depend on a few things like how often you post, and maybe how helpful the posts are - Sophie may have to clarifty.

Cheer squad are young people trained by Reach Out to respond to posts and encourage a positive vibe around the forums. On the old forums they were called "Community Builders" which kind of sums up the role. I think there may be an opportunity later this year to apply for the Cheer Squad program - again, Sophie can probably clarify.

Mod squad, though similar to Cheer Squad, are forums pros trained to respond to posts that might pop up from time to time that Cheer Squad mightn't be able to handle alone. They also do moderating etc, to make sure the forums stay safe and according to the Community Guidelines Smiley Happy

I hope that clears things up a bit, and peeps - feel free to correct me if I'm not quite right!
Highlighted

Hey,

I just wondering if anyone else had any problems when altering their personal settings? I read the forum help section and apparently you can set your email signature on the personal preferences page, but this didn't appear as an option for me... Was i looking in the wrong place?

Also, I was trying to change my avatar but under 'avatar' there was only the 'from the community' tab as an option, althought the forum help suggests there should also be "from the web", "from facebook" etc.etc. options also. Again, am I simply just looking in the wrong place or do the options not show up for other people either?

Hey louloubelle.
To answer your first question: I can't add a signature either. But in relation to the avatars you won't see the options to add your own yet. On these new forums you have to work up to having the option of that. The only ones who have other avatars at the moment are a few staff members and the cheer squad. Hope that helps. 

@louloubelle wrote:

Hey,

I just wondering if anyone else had any problems when altering their personal settings? I read the forum help section and apparently you can set your email signature on the personal preferences page, but this didn't appear as an option for me... Was i looking in the wrong place?

Also, I was trying to change my avatar but under 'avatar' there was only the 'from the community' tab as an option, althought the forum help suggests there should also be "from the web", "from facebook" etc.etc. options also. Again, am I simply just looking in the wrong place or do the options not show up for other people either?

This is probably just my computer being stupid... but when I clicked back to go back to the home page, it came up as the old hompage (as in black background,etc). I don't even understand how that happened?! It hasn't happened since, but I was so confused, any explanations ?

this has happened to me too! /flashbacks - nawww/ but yes, i think it is just a computer glitch Smiley Happy

Is anyone else having problems with thread subscriptions? I subscribed to one the other day but haven't been getting email notifications when a new post goes up.

@Shadow & Birdeye; I have the same with my email... When I log out I can see my email... (Really don't want it out there for everyone....)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi Bee: No one can see your email except you. There is a strange issue with the "Single Sign On" - which is the system that logs you on to both platforms (site and forums) when you log in. When you log out, it's only logging out of the site at the moment and you are still logged into the forums - that's why you can see your email.

DD: I will look into the thread subscription stuff and see why it's not working for you. Is anyone else having that problem?

dreamcatcher: There were some glitches during the change over period as one site transitioned off the server and another one transitioned on.

louloubelle: moving up in ranks will get you more and permissions like changing avatar and adding a signature. The more you post and the more your posts are high fived by others, the more permissions you get.

Apothecary: you will move up rank the more you post and the more your posts are high fived by others. There is a list of all the ranks you can move up through here: http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Feedback-Suggestions/What-you-think-about-names/td-p/368 and as georgie said, Cheer Squad and Mod Squad are our moderator roles that you will have a chance to apply for later in the year. As we move on we will also be on the look out for Super Users - the people who use the forums a lot in a helpful & positive way.

Sagira: totally agree - the sign out time is too quick. we are working on it!!! And also yes, FIREFOX is the only browser that can use the Rich Text Editor properly at the moment. That is also on the list to be fixed but I don't have a time frame for that yet. You can post images etc by using Firefox or in other browsers, use the HTML editor tab and use HTML. Also on the list is to get the navigation bar (mega menu) to only pop up after you rest on it for a couple of seconds.

Sorry for the delay in answering some of these! My co-community manager Paulie is back on Friday!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@Sophie: Ohhh, that makes sense now... Feeling much more relived now! & I was wondering how I was still able to post a comment view post and then have to sign in again to post in another thread....

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart