cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Posts and drafts disappear when I press post

Often, I'll spend ages writing a post. I'll finish proof reading it, and make sure that there are no errors and I've said everything clearly. I'll click "post", and it will come up with the message "authentication ticket expired". (I can still post without re-signing in though.)

This deletes the message I spent ages writing, and when I load the draft there are only a couple of sentences left of it.

This is really crushing for me, because I put a lot of effort into my longer posts and then they'll simply get erased when I try to post them. 

Is there any way to avoid this? Or to change things so that the message appears without deleting the post?

Re: Posts and drafts disappear when I press post

Hey @Tiny_leaf,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I will forward it with digital and hopefully we can find a fix soon. Could you please let me know what browser and device you are using when this issue occurs? 

In the mean time, I have a temporary solution that has worked for me in the past when this occurred and may work for you as well. Essentially, after you have written your reply, pressed post and get to the "authentication ticket expired" page, press the "back" button on your browser. Don't exit out, or check your drafts or leave that page at all except to press that "back"/"previous page" button on your browser and it should take you to the reply page with your fully written reply.  

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Re: Posts and drafts disappear when I press post

@Jay-RO I'm using google chrome on a surface pro. 

And thank you! I hadn't thought about using the back button, but it should work.