cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What you think about... names?

I agree with other posters, I'm not so keen on cheer squad but I like mod squad. If you wanted to stick with the squad theme maybe you could have community squad (just thinking since the title on the other forum atm is community builder)?

@delicatedreamer wrote:

I agree with other posters, I'm not so keen on cheer squad but I like mod squad. If you wanted to stick with the squad theme maybe you could have community squad (just thinking since the title on the other forum atm is community builder)?

I really like the Community Squad idea Smiley Happy

Hey Soph,

Not sure if I love the Trusted Contributor name. How would someone get that title?

Highlighted

I prefer Community Squad to Cheer Squad purely because it's sums it up better (even though it's slightly harder to say). We could possibly improve it further.

I agree with @deepbreath - 'trusted' implies that the person has some sort of qualification/ training. Not sure of a better term to fit between 'Prolific Scribe' and 'Star Contributor' though..

deepbreath wrote:

Hey Soph,

Not sure if I love the Trusted Contributor name. How would someone get that title?

They have to have been a member for at least 75 days, have 128 posts and 25 kudos.
Do you think that Trusted Contributor sounds more impressive than Star Contributor?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

JustThatGirl wrote:

I prefer Community Squad to Cheer Squad purely because it's sums it up better (even though it's slightly harder to say). We could possibly improve it further. 

I agree with @deepbreath - 'trusted' implies that the person has some sort of qualification/ training. Not sure of a better term to fit between 'Prolific Scribe' and 'Star Contributor' though..

I totally get what you mean... We could probably change it to just "Contributor"...

Hmmm... I like the idea of Community Squad but you are right... it doesn't quite sound right... We don't have to have squad either. It could be the Build Guild or the Can Clan or the Can Plan Clan or the People Persons or the Fellowship of the Linguistic String

Synonyms for community:

association, body politic, center, colony,commonality, commonwealth, company, district,general public, hamlet, locality, nation, neck ofthe woods, neighborhood, people, populace,public, residents, society, state, stompingground, territory, turf affiliation, alliance, clan, clique, community,comradeship, confederacy, coterie, fellowship,fraternity, guild, kinship, league, society, union, brotherhood, sisterhood, civilized life, community , customs, literatesociety, modern humanity, mores, nation,people, polity, way of life

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Love Mod Squad and Cheer Squad - Super cute Soph!

@Sophie-RO wrote:

@deepbreath wrote:

Hey Soph,

They have to have been a member for at least 75 days, have 128 posts and 25 kudos.
Do you think that Trusted Contributor sounds more impressive than Star Contributor?

Heya Soph,

I just think that using the term trusted would encourage a YP who's feeling needy to reach out (huzzah!) to them as they would a professional. I don't think it's about how impressive the title sounds, it's about it's connotations.

For some "trusted contributor" alternatives:

major contributor

special contributor

cool contributor

chief, notable, renowned...

I agree with the others, now that they've pointed it out, that "trusted" sort of sounds like their posts are endorsed by RO somehow, or like guaranteed to give professional advice or whatever.

Cool, I totally know what you mean and that's really good feedback... I will change it to one of the suggestions, thanks guys! Smiley Happy 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com