cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 3 fears

There's a tumblr out there called deep-dark-fears. Not meaning to alarm you all, but some of the fears that people submit are quite amusing Smiley Happy

deep dark fears.jpg

@Myvo I used to think that too!!! Like with the sign thing, if you did it, you had to do it again to close it off.

I was a strange child Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

A pretty real fear

--Courtesy of the awesome Michael Leunig

Bad tea is bad.jpg

Hmm ... my 3 fears ....

Don't mind me, I am only a month behind.

@N1ghtW1ng, me too, I have a fear of falling, but I often tell that fear where it can go!

@Ben-RO I feel you with leeches and all. It only took pulling about 10 leeches off me to scream at my friends that I wanted to go back to camp.

Me too, @DrowningCricket! My mum scared the crap out of me one night when she rang at 1am. Only for her to tell me that I was an aunt again. Umm ... thanks sister for telling me you were preggers ... NOT!

@KitKat It is actually an unwritten rule in my family that you will call or text when you get home / to destination after travelling for more than 2 hours. And if you take a detour, or a longer than normal break, you let everyone know.

Okay, so now my fears that haven't already been mentioned.

1. I have a fear of being burnt alive.

2. Being told that I am infertile / can't carry.

3. Have the bus / train doors close on me. Almost had that happen last Friday. Sydney, your bus drivers are crazy!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie that reminds me of the time I was on the tram and a backpacker got stuck in the door hahahahahaha I'm laughing just thinking about it
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hahahaha. @j95 as soon as I read tram, I knew what you had written. Oh, man! My first time in Melbs, first time on a tram and one of the girls I was with got her bag stuck right in the middle of peak hour! I laughed so hard that I got death stares off nearly everyone on the packed tram. Then the look the tram driver gave us after the bag was freed, I lost it!

Every time I think about it, I can't stop laughing!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

1. I'm afraid of losing my keys. I check my pocket about 50 times a day. And when I'm home they have to be in their spot or I freak out
2. I'm afraid of getting cancer (I have different cancers on both sides of my family so it makes it worse)
3. I'm afraid of being late. I get so anxious that I usually go to places super early and wait just around the corner so I'm not too early its awkward.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

1) Drowning/Suffocation - I have a big fear of not being able to breathe. Had an experience last year where I almost suffocated in smoke which made this fear even worse.

2) Large bodies of water (Oceans, rivers, even pools I'm uneasy about) - I used to enjoy the water, but since a few years ago I just don't want much to do with it. Might be related to my fear of drowning but with added dangers - ie, the Ocean has sharks, sea snakes (got chased by both when i went to fiji a couple of years ago :s), jellyfish, poisonous fish, poisonous shells and snails, rips, etc. Basically everything can kill you at a beach.

3) Being alone/Having noone to turn to - which is usually an everyday reality for me. Makes it hard to get better when you feel you have noone who can help, or noone to get better for.

I've always been a cautious person, but these have developed into some decently frightening fears (a lot more than on this list).

Highlighted

3 Fears of mine i dont even have to think about would be

1. Rats- i dont know why i just dislike them a lot always have and always will haha 

2. Heights- i once faced my fear of heights and went bungy jumping which was amazing but i still am somehow not liking the idea of being really high up. 

3. Pediophobia (dolls)- ive watched way to many movies like Annabelle and saw. 

Highlighted

1. Small spaces

2. Social situations

3. The dark