cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Chocolate

Here's a chocolate mug cake I often make:

Put into a mug all the dry ingredients (3 tablespoons plain flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder) and mix thoroughly with a fork. Then add all the wet ingredients (3 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 drop vanilla essence) and mix well again with fork. Put mug in microwave for 50 seconds. (Then for a pudding eat straight away which is what I do, for a cake wait 5 minutes then eat).

Today I accidentally spilt some of the dry ingredients out of the mug and had to guess some quantities to try and fix it. When I licked the fork it tasted quite dark chocolatey, so I decided to balance that out by throwing some berries in for a contrasting tang. It was soo good! I'm going to start putting in a bit more cocoa and a bit less sugar on purpose, and add a bunch of frozen berries (I've got a mix bag of strawberries, blackberries and raspberries usually in the freezer). This time I just added one of each but I think more would be better. I added an extra 10 seconds but would do more with more berries.

I'm just quite happy and excited by this creation 😛

Highlighted

Re: Chocolate

@hellofriend I use just about the same recipe! The original recipe I used even has a extra finishing touch - if you sprinkle cacao powder and brown sugar over the top and pour over a tablespoon of hot water before putting it in the microwave, it makes a self-saucing pudding. Another variation I like is substituting the cacao powder for a tsp of cinnamon, and putting jam in the middle. Microwave donut!