cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hey!

Heya @stonepixie, exactly my same life motto!! Be who you are, unapologetically - with all our foibles, lumps n bumps, being gloriously ourselves, no matter how many times we fall and get up! - like all of us, being unmistakeably and wonderfully human! Smiley Happy

Love it, @Mermaidgirl6 ! Accepting me for who I am is probably the best thing I have done for myself. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @stonepixie

This sounds like a great motto to live by. I am slowly getting back to being me after years of being someone else for other people in my life. I can't say I'm there yet, or that I'm completely better, but I'm trying.

Thanks for reminding me! 

Highlighted

I love that motto, @KiKi_19! I'm not sure why some people go through this more than others (family environment?), but I experienced the same: It's so easy to fall into a pattern of ignoring your own wants and needs, and tuning in more to pleasing others.  Maybe we're just "carer" types? Maybe when growing up, we didn't get enough support and opportunities to develop our own strong sens of self? And we have to learn by wanting it badly enough for ouselves now. Being yourself is so important. Regardless of what others think or say. You hit the nail on the head there!

It feels so good to be just who you are, and do all the crazy things that make you YOU! I know that is the part that I love doing now Smiley Happy but it also still feels good too, to be validated and supported. Looks like RO can give a little bit of that!

@saucydankish

I heartily agree. I heard somewhere recently, 'you were born an original, don't die a copy.' Life would be so boring if we all spoke, dressed, acted, and looked the same way! 

Being the 'carer' type may not always serve us well, but it's great that we can help others and oneday have people in our lives who can do the same for us. Smiley Happy

That is completely okay, @KiKi_19 Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that you are making positive changes to your life by finding out who you are and not being afraid to let it show.

@saucydankish Funny thing that you mention all this! I too was once a people pleaser.

Also, if either you are interested, we are having a convo of sorts around this on Monday at 8pm AEDT.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi @Glass_half_full

How are you today.

have courage and be kind to new people you meet.

Hey @Glass_half_full and @Bell Rose! How are you guys. Random comment: I really liked living near the water a few months ago. I loved that place! I'd love to live near the water again...am sooo missing that fresh breeze over the water, the morning walks alongside, the bike rides in the arvo alongside, looking out of your window in the eve and sitting on the balcony, looking at the water, the tranquility....Me want some water soon!!! Heart

Hey @fudgepup ! Did you live near the beach or a lake. The beach is like one of my favourite places to go and chillout- that's why I sort of dislike winter, because sometimes it's too cold to go xD

Hey @OceanMaster1207, I lived close to a river, but only for a month. I agree, beach has to be a favourite place to chillout. Bring on summer and holidays!