cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Rockstar servers. Activation of GTAV requires an internet connection.

Hi guys. I am having a problem with installing GTA V. I have bought it from CD keys and I have been given a code to activate it on rockstar servers. I have done this and I have got a download link. From here I logged into social club and tried to start installing GTA V.
However, it says "Unable to access Rockstar servers. Activation of GTA V requires an internet connection. Please check your connection and click Retry or click Cancel to quit"
I know for certain that I have an internet connection and at a decent speed. I have tried to go into my firewall settings to see if it was being blocked however, GTAV does not show there because it has not been installed yet. I've tried all of the suggestions on google such as deleting the social club folder, trying to allow it through firewall along with using a VPN

As I used a VPN and it still didn't work, would I be right in assuming that it is not a problem with my router filter settings?

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to try and fix it? as I am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to access Rockstar servers. Activation of GTAV requires an internet connection.

Hi @quinton77 and welcome to the ReachOut forums! 

It sounds like you might be looking to troubleshoot for the install of a video game, is this correct?

Our community may have some knowledge on this topic, but I think your best bet would be to check out the forums and support website for Rockstar themselves- they will be able to give much more targeted advice and support. 

I have had a look online and rockstar has some support services here- it breaks the info down by game and then issue area. There are also a number of online support forums specifically for GTAV- you may be able to find the answer by searching your questions and "GTA V forums".

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but hoping you find the answers you are looking for Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here