Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES & DISTRACTIONS

Watch a funny TV series...for me that is The Office Smiley Tongue

Play animal crossing or another soothing video game 

Spending time with animals- eg: brushing/patting animals can be really soothing and also help in feel connected/grounded 

season 4 dog GIF by Outlander

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Bake/cook something while watching a cooking show/documentary - it makes me feel like a part of their kitchen Smiley LOL

Watch Another Dirty Room!

(CW in link for germs/yucky stuff, for anyone who might find that upsetting, but the gross out factor can be a really good distraction, and has also been an incentive to clean out my depression hovel many times!)

Highlighted

This is great guys!!!!
Watch
Blackhead and cyst removals.
The flying cysts make laugh so hard! XD

omg @xXLexi_Lou122Xx   hahahahahah yes!!!! It's shocking but i love it. (I don't watch it daily or anything Smiley Tongue)

listen to your favorite music 

@BlueBeat here it is Smiley Happy

Like @DruidChild said, life simulation video games are a great distraction when you need it! They allow anyone to experience a variety of real life activities without consequence or stress at their own pace! Some examples of these types of games are:

• Animal Crossing (all Nintendo consoles) – A social simulation video game that is open ended in what should do.
  • Stardew Valley (almost all platforms, even iOS and android) – A farming simulation role-playing game where you take over your grandpa's old farm.
  • Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons (all Nintendo consoles) – A farming simulation role-playing game where you build up a farm.
  • My Time at Portia (PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS4) – A building-focused simulation role-playing game where you build up your workshop by crafting and building things.

There are also so many more other simulation games that can be fun and distracting even for a moment!